How to ask for his number?

I like a guy but don't know his number, but I know his friend's number. How can I ask his friend about his number without being so obvious? I can't just ask him because I don't know any of his contacts so I can't see him, so advices like "have a conversation with him and ask for himself insead of his friend" is not valid.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not just approach him and ask directly?

• I can't see him, I don't know any of his contacts. If I could I would

• What does that mean? Why do you need to know his friends?

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't need to be blunt but you do need to be clear, and by being casual, you can achieve a smooth request.

Say something casual on the lines of "Hey, can I have your number to text you sometimes?" Simple. Then say thanks, and walk away.

At this point, he'll anticipate your text, and you'll have his number.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 2

• If you haven't asked him for his number then how will you explain why you have his number?
    can't you add him on Facebook? Nowadays almost everybody has one and adding someone would be "inconspicuous".

• I don't have any of this contacts but I have his friend's contact number

• Just ask him yourself, I have had girls that I don't and I do like ask me, either way I call them. Just answer if he calls, had a girl once ask me for me number once, than doesn't answer my call wtf ?

What Girls Said 1

• text the friend guy and say "hey, I was wondering if you had so and so's number?" just go for it