Can't get over my guy friend, what should I do?

I have a friend I went to high school with. We'd been talking on and off for about a year, nothing serious though. Then I ran into him about 8 weeks ago. After that we started texting a lot, flirting, then eventually we hung out. That all went great. But about 1 1/2 days later, he randomly says to me that he wanted someone who was more religious, wanted kids, and didn't swear as much. It's true that I'm not as religious as him, but I am still of his religion. No I don't want kids, but I don't feel that you need kids. You should be able to be happy with just eachother in my opinion. Yes, I swear, but I'm working on that.

Two days later, he texts me and says that maybe he was wrong and maybe I am good enough for him and "I just needed a little guidance religiously and a filter". So we were back to flirting like before. Long story short, there were cuddles, and neck/cheek kisses both times we hung out.

He rejected me again the day after we hung out the 2nd time. Said he realized that he was only attracted to me physically and that there was no emotional attachment. He wanted a girl who he could 'grow in faith with and grow closer with emotionally'. We only hung out 3 times total, so I don't know what he was expecting. You can't get to know a person THAT fast. He apologized for everything and he did seem pretty sorry. He said he didn't want to lose me as a friend, so we agreed to still be friends. He keeps on mentioning that he wants to take me places with him in the future, and he still invites me out if he's going somewhere on a day off. I had a guy start talking to me on Facebook and I detected a hint of jealousy in my guy friend. I really can't tell if he even likes me anymore or not.

The trouble I have now is that I can't get him off of my mind. We still text eachother daily like before. There's no flirting going on, but I still have feelings for him. I enjoy having him as a friend, but I keep having hope that he'll want me back. I'm unsure of what I should do.

What Guys Said 1

• Forget him and move on. You're not compatible

What Girls Said 0