Do you flake on people you think are too attractive to be interested in you?

According to a blog I just read, guys sometimes flake out on plans with girls they think are "too attractive" because they don't think they have any real chance with her.

Have you done this?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't flake, but when I'm going for a very be girl it makes it much more difficult. A lot of the best girls and guys are single because everyone thinks that they are taken or out of their league. I'm currently interested in a girl that has actually been single for 3 years because guys always think that she is taken.

• Beautiful* stupid auto correct

• Haha kind of dumb to stay single that long if she wanted a relationship if her seeming attached was the reason.

• @Azara most girls won't do that, and she's not really into dating, but I'm still giving it a shot.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never done that.

What Guys Said 31

• I vote 'B' i. e. NO :)

But there are those who do flake out under such circumstances and they aren't entirely to blame and the girl most certainly isn't to blame :)

• Being flaked on to me is fucking disrespectful and completely frustrating. It shows that the person isn't worth my time if they can't even bother to call/txt to honestly communicate that they didn't want to go on the date.

• I have never recoiled from chatting up a girl because of her stunning beauty. In fact, the greater the beauty the greater the motivation.

• Good dammit I wanted to say ''No''.

Because of this :

Life is a game with a glorious prize,
    If we can only play it right.
    It is give and take, build and break,
    And often it ends in a fight;
    But he surely wins who honestly tries
    (Regardless of wealth or fame),
    He can never despair who plays it fair
    How are you playing the game?

Do you wilt and whine, if you fail to win
    In the manner you think your due?
    Do you sneer at the man in case that he can
    And does, do better than you?
    Do you take your rebuffs with a knowing grin?
    Do you laugh tho’ you pull up lame?
    Does your faith hold true when the whole world’s blue?
    How are you playing the game?

Get into the thick of it – wade in, boys!
    Whatever your cherished goal;
    Brace up your will till your pulses thrill,
    And you dare to your very soul!
    Do something more than make a noise;
    Let your purpose leap into flame
    As you plunge with a cry, “I shall do or die,”
    Then you will be playing the game.

• I would never flake, but i'd be skeptical about WHY she showed interest. So I guess i would withhold the trust for some time. There some are very attractive women who use their beauty to get what they want (not all of them) be it money, power, material possessions, rent and/or bills paid etc. etc. . A small handful of these women can take advantage of hundreds perhaps thousands of decent guys each. So there is some negative reaction from men who have experienced this, or have simply been told repeatedly this will happen when a girl who is "out of his league" shows interest. If this is not who and what you are then I say hang in there, somebody out there will be man enough to find out and do you right. Good luck Babe.

• Never, I take any opportunity that presents itself when it comes to someone I'm attracted to.

• If i deemed a girl too attractive for me (Which is basically 99.99% of girls), I would not even get to the point of making plans with her and then ''Flake out''

I would simply never get to know her in the first place as it wouldn't even be worth my time trying.

• Never done this. I think flaking is disrespectful. Plus, it's exciting to take a swing at someone that puts you out of your comfort zone.

I did have a girl flake on me once and she actually mentioned this as being the reason. Crazy, I thought she was cute.

• No, that's retarded. Why would you immediately assume defeat without even trying? You don't have much to lose (besides some possible hurt feelings in the end, but even that can be minimized if you follow the principle of avoiding scarcity: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a22231-scarcity-fundamental-setback-in-dating)

• I have done this when I was single... even though the signs were all there. She met me a few times shopping, and virtually followed me around the aisles, always smiling. She even asked me what I was making for dinner!

We had a great conversation, I think her beauty kind of through me off though.

• @riverflowsup she was impeccable... really pretty and a great sweet smile, I guess it was a little intimidating in the sense that she was talking to me, it kind of caught me off guard. I was a little mesmerized by her beauty and it was quite unexpected!

• I just give the girl a chance to see if they are worthy of me and not after my money because I do over talk things even though I back it up

• Yeah. I do this all the time. Its fear of rejection. So its so much easier to lie to yourself and go "well she's too pretty... won't be interested in me so I'll save myself the feeling of foolishness and embarrassment for being rejeceted".

Its a pretty bad way of thinking and you have to be quite brave to get over it. Once you start being more confident and not giving a damn (easier said than done) you won't flake out like that.

• No, if I did that I'd never be going out with any women.

• Sometimes yes, sometimes we don't want to try so hard and have it most likely just fail... sometimes we know what certain people are looking for

Besides you can tell how into she is by the way she talks to you... if your totally getting a good vibe I don't think guys would flake out

• I flake. For me though, it's not blatant cancellations or anything, I just act very guarded. It's like "why me?" I can be doing anything and everything is cool, until she gives off vibes that she may like me, then my mind just shuts down. Then I do stupid stuff that makes the term "flake" so appropriate. I swing and sway while not being constant.

• Yas cuz we have no chance so why risk the shame of rejection when we know she's outta our 'League' :I

• I don't want to waste my time with an unrealistic expectation. The probability of rejection would be too high and not worth even showing up on the date.

• This is true that some guys flake out on girls they think are out of their league or to attractive or to pretty for them or that they are not worthy of her or that they are mad at her for a mental instinguishment in men that she fucks other and gives him the parts nobody wants.

• I don't know i guess if she showed interest in me than i would
    it's hard to say really don't know.

• No, I never flake on a woman I'm interested in seeing.

• I've never had somebody attracted to me but I wouldn't flake on somebody for being too attractive. I'd probably be surprised that they were interested but I would continue to get to know them.

• Yeah makes sense we also think they are already taken so we're like why try?

• Yes it happened.

• I would say the opposite happens

• way too many times... I pretend to forget their numbers and stop texting... Whenever I talk to such creatures, I avoid eye contact... I keep my greetings brief and crisp, like a nod of acknowledgement...

• I wouldn't flake but I'd be suspicious of it.

• I wouldn't have plans with her because I wouldn't talk to her in the first place

• no, lack of confidence...

• Nope. Swing for the motherf***ing fences.

• I don't ask girls out because I'm dumb and ugly.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 7

• It wouldn't make any sense to flake out on someone if you've already made plans and everything, just because they're attractive. I mean they've made plans with you so at least they're interested in you on some level? Either for friendship or more.

It makes sense not to approach anyone who's super attractive because you might think "well what's the point", but if you're already hanging out then it doesn't make sense to act flaky. I'd say, if you've made plans with someone and they flake out, they're more likely to not be interested in you. If they flake out because they think you're too attractive then obviously they have some crazy insecurities, and those kinds of people are generally not ready for a relationship.

• You're looking at it all wrong! There is no such thing as "too attractive".

But if you just view people on "levels of attractiveness", don't simply rate them physically. He could be beautiful physically, but have grossly unattractive personality issues. People are complex baby girl! Don't make decisions based on such a flat angle!!

• Yes because I'm unattractive so I know they won't like me. Guys who average to below average reject me so I know attractive men will. Usually a friend will set me up with someone and once I see his picture, I say no.

Once when I said yes and we met, he got mad at her for setting us up. He wasn't hot and I guess he had bad luck with women. She thought since we had the same experiences with dating, we'd be good for each other. He was extremely rude toe and her. So that's why I won't let her set me up with really attractive men.

• Hell no! I feel lucky when I'm dating someone who ought to be out of my league - why would I deliberately screw that up?

• That sounds pretty illogical. You'd think a guy would jump at the chance to date a really attractive girl, no flake on her. But I can see how some people may self sabotage themselves so maybe.

• No! My problem is I give to many chances until I just look like an idiot. Ijdgaf anymore

• Ha! What an excuse! He flaked out because he's an asshoke. But believe what you want. If it makes you feel better to think it's because you're better then him, then believe it.