Is it bad that I may become serious with a guy when I am a virgin and he is not?

I want to wait until marriage, while he has had sex. Not sure if this a problem since he has sex and he will miss out if we become serious. We have been friends for a couple months and we're now starting to go on dates. I think my friend told him I am not a virgin.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are over 18 then what are you waiting for? Get on with it. You are missing out.

The only men who care that their wives are virgins when they marry are radical Islamists, who will then put them in a burka and not let them leave the house without permission; radical Christians who tend to be married at 18 or 19, then wonder why they are divorced before 30 (not always, but often enough), and a certain segment of young, usually wealthy Chinese men who marry the girl they are supposed to, and see a prostitute every few days throughout the engagement and beyond. (the women involved really hate this double standard). Many radical Christian men also hire prostitutes, so as not to taint their girl, but then they act surprised when they get caught.

One virgin I met one time, on our first date said, "I'm tired of being a virgin". We took care of that problem a couple of hours later. I have more silly virgin stories, and they all end well.

You have a fairytale fantasy in your head that isn't true. You were told this fantasy as a girl, and you believed it. You stopped believing in Santa Claus, but you cling to this. Virginity is highly over rated. It is the worst sex you will ever have, fortunately it gets better.

Most Helpful Girl

• I consider it normal, however, I don't think you should put it too much importance.
    In the long run, it won't matter much if you're a virgin or not. Guys who would reject you for the sole reason that you're not a virgin, are not worthy of your time anyway.

What Guys Said 3

• All you can do is tell him and if he leaves or keeps pressuring you then you have your answer

• Talk to him about it and see what he says if it comes to that stage.

I personally think you should ditch the no sex before marriage. So many marriages end in divorce, all you'll feel one day if it goes wrong is all the fun you've missed out on.

Sex is just a physical act. It means nothing else in the 21st century. That's why guys happily string girls along, girls stupidly agree to friends with benefits, girls offer ONS in every club in the world.

• He should value and honor your views if he truly loves you and cares for you. Waiting until marriage is not a bad thing at all, and he should understand that. If he tries to pressure you into something you don't want to do, then that may not be the best relationship to be in.

What Girls Said 0