Guys, guys do you keep trying?

Why do men take their girlfriends for granted once they have them? I feel like my boyfriend has totally stopped trying to impress me and woo me. He hardly inituates affection anymore, he usually doesn't start the conversation through text on days apart.. a lot has changed. I know the honeymoon phase is wearing off but I believe a couple should never stop romancing each other. Guys, do you notice when you stop trying in your relationship? do you try to do better?

6

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't. And I'm not just saying that. I over think way too much about everything, so I'd definitely over think how to be the best boyfriend.

What Guys Said 5

• All relationships cool off some but not all of them can be successful

• I think with a lot of relationships, this goes both ways. Humans in general, can become bored with regularity and may even find it monotonous. This statement is also true for relationships. Almost like the toy a kid gets tired of, sure it's exciting at first, but he may grow tired of its thrills and uniqueness. This is one of many humans flaws, it's immature and senile at the same time. In no way I'm saying your boyfriend finds you boring or disinteresting, in fact, I'm saying he just may need to realize how great you are and rekindle the flame. Though, in my experience I've never found it hard to love someone I'm in love with, it came naturally and I never needed to be reminded of what I had. Do some soul searching and question whether this relationship is flowing with love, if not, I can guarantee you'll find one that will.

Hope this helped, cheers.

• Taking each other for granted took apart my marriage. I'll never do that same mistake again.

• He shouldn't have to impress you anymore, you should already be impressed; he shouldn't have to woo you, because in his mind, he already had you. If you're not putting in effort, he should be the one asking if he should leave you.

• For me at least, I am always trying. maybe it's because I am an athlete or I just value relationships more than the standard guy? I always try to 1 up myself on every date I go on so its always interesting and changing. I really just depends on the guy.