Girls, so, is it really sexist for a guy to put his arm around his girlfriend... seriously?

Comments like these from Helen Mirren really confuse me. She seems to think that doing so indicates the guy owns the girl. I've never, ever, ever thought that... I've already been yelled at by girls for opening the door for them... Geez!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/14/helen-mirren-sexism-men-women_n_8132770.html?ir=UK+Lifestyle&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

5

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• Wow yah that is nuts ! She is definitely in the tiny tiny minority. I am a very independent feminist and love it when a boyfriend or guy I am dating does that. It's call showing affection and pride in your mate.

Now if she was talking about a guy I don't know well doing that then that is a different story...

• Well it wouldn't have occurred to me

• Thats pretty stupid. You have? Thats weird.

• Yes, I have...

• Ik :/ I hope you run into no more crazies...

• Thanks! Me too!

• The anti-feminist in...3 ...2 ...1

• What does that comment mean?

• I don't think feminism should be blamed. I think Helen Mirren should be blamed for overgeneralizing and demonizing all guys who put their arms around their girlfriends.

• True true 😳 but its an easy escape goat lol