Girls, what is a sincere apology?

If a man hurt your feelings what would he have to do for you to consider his apology sincere.. or what would he have to do for you to forgive him?

Flowers? Cards? Chocolate?

Thoughts?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on what it is. If you don't mind sharing what you want to apologize for, maybe I could help better... but let's say you cheated on her. For one thing, I would need him to be completely honest and tell me why he did it. Maybe it was something that I was doing without knowing it that drove him to cheat, for example. If it was something like yelling at me, having an outburst... I would need to see time go by without it happening again. I always feel opening up and explaining yourself are better than gifts. I want the heart-to-heart, you know? Everyone makes mistakes and it's just determining why and how to mend the situation

• she had a behavior of blocking my # .. when she got stressed I guess? I really don't know why she did it... but it drove me to "push" when perhaps she needed space.. I had to find out why why why why pick and prod, question after question which basically "pushed" her away ,, aside from that I now realize looking back how much she actually cared about me in comparison to others and I should have treated her better as a whole

• Just tell her that you feel awful for prying like that and you just get nervous when it happens and want to know why, if it has to do with you, etc. And say you'll be more sensitive to her need for some space in the future.

What Girls Said 5

• When he acknowledges not only that what he said was hurtful, but WHY it was hurtful.

If I had a really big butt and he teased me, a real apology would be something like:

"I crossed the line when I said that. I'm sorry, I forgot how sensitive you are about it. I was only kidding, I never meant to hurt your feelings. It won't happen again."

He acknowledges he went too far, gives acknowledgment that he understands why I was hurt and gives validity to my feelings, whether he agrees with them or not. Then he makes a promise never to go there again.

I don't need flowers or anything as long as he is genuinely sorry. A lighthearted "sorry" won't cut it if feelings were hurt.

• It has nothing to do with what you give her, it's about realizing/acknowledging what you did wrong, why it was wrong and being actually sorry for it. That's what makes it sincere.

There's a big difference between a quick "I'm sorry" uttered over and over and eventually screamed at each other and a guy who calmly looks you in the eye and says "I'm sorry I did X, I know it made you feel Y and I'll never/try to never do it again"

• i can usually tell if he is being genuine. i dont want presents or cards i want for him to prove that he is sorry through his behavior and if he stops doing what he did wrong

• No, I would ignore hime.

• He would have to tell me with his words face to face and I would be able to tell if he was sincere by that.