Generally speaking, do you tend to date within your own race?

I'm doing a little independent research here, so please share your experiences. Do you tend to stay within your own ethnic group, or are you more open?

ALSO:

Would you be open to the idea of having mixed children?

• I tend to only date within my own race
  • I don't care about their skin color
  • I'm only attracted to certain ethnic groups.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, quite the opposite actually. I have a tendency to stay with races outside my own ethnic group. My current boyfriend is Asian, my ex was Fijian. I was way more into white guys back when I was in high school. As soon as I got out, that changed pretty quickly.

I'm open to the idea of having mixed children. I actually love halfies, don't see why not tbqh. It sickens me when people ask me if I'll really be okay with my future children possibly not having blue eyes/blonde hair should I marry a non-white guy. Which has happened more than once, right after the issue of how my boyfriend is Asian came up...
    -_-

Most Helpful Guy

• Never bothered limiting myself based on races, I've found myself attracted to all races so far.

• Thanks for sharing. Also, I'm not sure if your name comes from the One Piece character, but if so:

Cheers. 🍻

• Haha of course, you're not biased... I just happen to have the name of the one of the most badass characters on the show.. which you also love :D

• Damn straight.

Cheers, brother 🍻

What Girls Said 16

• Well, I've only dated one guy so far and he's white, so I guess that, generally, I have dated within my own race :P But I don't care about it, as long as I'm attracted to them, then I don't care what race they are. And I'm fine with having mixed children.

• I tend to not date. 😛

But nah, race doesn't matter to me at all, and mixed babies are usually very beautiful.

• I'm mixed so I'm not from a specific ethnic group. I have never dated anyone from my nationality though. I've always been really into Latino, Arabs and Spanish people, and my current partner is Algerian 😍. But sometimes I just have these phases where I'm into this specific ethnic group, like I've had phases when I'm attracted to Ukrainian people, French, Thai, Russian and the list goes on, but then after a while I don't know I don't feel as crazy about them as I used to.

• I've actually never dated someone of my race before, and it's not because I'm opposed to it, it's just I'm never their type. I'm short, I don't have a super huge booty, I have a banana shaped body so I hardly have any curves (I've been everywhere from a size 0 to a size 4, and my breasts have always been small to medium 34AA to 34C over time), I'm nerdy and can out talk anyone when it comes to anime, my sense in fashion is different, and I'm a darker skinned black girl. Most black guys I know prefer lighter skin, and the ones I have come across that like darker skin were usually old men. ಠ_ಠ ╮(─▽─)╭ The white and Hispanic/Latino guys I've dated actually liked my darker skin, and didn't mind that I'm smaller than your average black girl, nor did they mind my being a nerd with a love for Japanese street fashion. 。◕ ‿ ◕。

• I do tend to date within my ethnic group, but that's mostly because I've always lived in a mostly-white area, so the odds aren't exactly even. I've wanted to date guys from another race. Maybe I would've if I weren't such a coward about asking people out. >.> I don't intend to have my own children, but if I did, mixed children would be fine by me.

• I'm very open when it comes to dating other races. I'm avoiding the one race (from VERY bad experiences) it's kind of scarred me. But I'm very happy with my current relationship

• what race do you avoid?

• That's enough.

Please don't turn my question page into a battle ground.

• Asker- will do

• I tend to date who I find attractive. Skin is not an issue.

• I'm open to whatever.

• i've dated outside my ethnicity, but within the same race

• I am open to dating people of other races. However, it should be noted that the area where I live is predominantly white. It's kind of hard to date outside of that unless that's the only thing I'm going for, which is weird and gross in and of itself.

• I almost went out for a date with a mixed guy. Honestly I would rather some-one in my race or similar. I have Greek blood and I don't mind if I was to date a Greek or Italian. I don't really want a massive communication/ cultural barrier. Same applies with religion, family values as such. There need to be a common ground.

• No not really

• yes, only date within my race specially because no other race approaches me and when iam interested in a light skin man turns out he is my race

• No. My dating history has been very mixed.
    If I want and can have children, yes having mixed children is fine. I am actually more open to adoption, and it doesn't matter if they are my race or not. I would still love them like my own.

• I don't date at all so I really can't be picky.

What about you Asker?

• I should have started out with mine, my bad.

I don't care about their skin color. I will just as easily date a black person as I will an Asian person or whatever. Finally, yeah, I am open to the idea of having mixed children.

• I don't care what color, I date all colors of the rainbow..

What Guys Said 20

• Well, tend to date within my own race however, my current girlfriend is not the same race as me... and I'd be open to having mixed kids

• Well I'm perfectly open to dating outside my race (i really dont see race as relevant to much)... but living in a country which is 98% the white, with those of other races being concentrated in a small urban area which is a long way from me, I've still 'generally' dated within my own race, even if you count a brief internet flirtation with a friend of a friend who lives a sizable distance away, and a drunken fondle on a night out in the big city.

• I don't care about skin color, but I tend to be more attracted to my own race, and so far I've only dated girls from my race.

• I've only had one girlfriend and she was within my own race, so technically I have only dated within my own race so FAR. But I am perfectly fine with dating a woman of any race or ethnicity.

As for having mixed children, I would LOVE that since I am heavily mixed myself.

• I'm attracted to a variety of ethnicities and have generally preferred them over women of my ethnicity, however, I've never actually dated, so that's why I voted C.

• I've never dated a girl but I'm open to date a girl of any race. Chances of dating outside is very unlikely though since girls are generally not attracted to Indian guys.

• I got no race restrictions

• i ave had a crush on a black girl, and Asian girl and an Indian girl before. i don't really care

• I'm only attracted to White, Asian and Latino girls.

• I usually only date white or Asian women.

• I don't care about races

• Well, statistically speaking, it just makes sense that I have never dated a person that wasn't white, because there are just a much higher percentage of white people that other races in America.

• Im a mixed don't have a race

• Is it true that mixed people often struggle with "choosing a side" when they're young?

• I prefer different

• I'm white and only date white girls... no, I would not be open to the idea of having mixed children.

• i don't care pussy is pussy.

• The only women i find to be attractive are white women (I am white.)
    I think it is horrible how white women go outside thair race.

• Yeah I'm only attracted to white girls

• Fuck this pc shit. I don't date black chicks. Most of them got an attitude, it's no different on gag.

• Maybe you should step out of the hood for a day and you'll see that there are GREAT black women out there.

• No I don't. I tend to fuck w/e race. I don't care.

• I mean I tend to be attracted to any race. I've only been with black girls though so far.