He's become so self obsessed should I just drop him?

I have been dating a guy on and off for around 8 months.
Things seemed to be progressig well with him wanting me to meet his family out of town who he is close to go a few trips together.

Lately however, he has become obsessed with working out and the gym and his image.

Not to sound conceited but I'm 5 years his junior and he looks much older than his age. I'm 24 and he looks to be in his mid 30s, his hair is thinning and he's not overly attractive by traditional standards but I don't care. I'm really attracted to him anyway and what drew me in was that fact that he's so easy to talk to and kind and the sex is amazing.

im attractive, in good shape, go hiking regularly, jog, do yoga and studying to be a nutritionist but I feel like his new motivation has completely changed his persona with him acting like his new motivation somehow makes him superior to me and his lifestyle better.
All he wants to do is work out, gain muscle and talk about supplements. He posts heaps of selfies and pics on social media with cliches like a couple that trains together stays together, pics of brides in work out gear and has followed dozens of fitness models. I'm happy in myself but will never be that sort of women and frankly it's not what i want for myself but I can't help but feel hurt by this ideal women he keeps pushing across social media and frankly his new gym obsession is making him really boring. I like to excercise but I would rather climb a mountain. Kayaking or abseiling rather than spend hours at the gym lifting weights. Should I just drop him or there something else going on here?

Sorry about all the typos on my phone 😬

What Guys Said 1

• "Things seemed to be progressig well with him wanting me to meet his family out of town who he is close to go a few trips together."

^then he was definetely serious about u i could tell... ;)

"Lately however, he has become obsessed with working out and the gym and his image."

^wot made him started then?

"Not to sound conceited but I'm 5 years his junior and he looks much older than his age."

^hmmm... perhaps dis might started to annoy him u know... ;)

"I'm 24 and he looks to be in his mid 30s, his hair is thinning and he's not overly attractive by traditional standards but I don't care. I'm really attracted to him anyway and what drew me in was that fact that he's so easy to talk to and kind and the sex is amazing."

^then he wants to fix his image for himself... not for u since he knows u like him anyway...

" im attractive, in good shape, go hiking regularly, jog, do yoga and studying to be a nutritionist but I feel like his new motivation has completely changed his persona with him acting like his new motivation somehow makes him superior to me and his lifestyle better."

^yet... dis one's a bad sign... he can fix his image if he wants... but he shouldn't act dis way and he should help u as much as he can since he's older... ;)

"He posts heaps of selfies and pics on social media with cliches like a couple that trains together stays together, pics of brides in work out gear and has followed dozens of fitness models."

^hmmm... is he JUST followin... or he chat wid those models as well? if he does more than followin then u should be concerned... ;)

" I'm happy in myself but will never be that sort of women and frankly it's not what i want for myself but I can't help but feel hurt by this ideal women he keeps pushing across social media and frankly his new gym obsession is making him really boring. "

^then if u started to lose interest... i believe u should tell him just in order to see how u'll move on... :)

"Should I just drop him or there something else going on here?"

^just mention him how u feel about his "new" self... not in a mean way... ;)

What Girls Said 0