How do I talk to my girlfriend about this?

I been dating her for a quite while now, almost 4 months. We are 19. So she was telling me about this guy name Michael in her class. And I asked if they text. She said yeah, so when she was showering I went through her phone and couldn't find the text. That means she deleted the texts... I wanna know why? What did she have to hide? Also I saw this text from "Bruce" something about meeting up at college where she goes to and she never told me about that either. I feel like i am overreacting. Am I? I guess I am jealous. I want to talk to her about it. But I don't want her to think of me as a controlling guy because if I bring it up she is gonna know that I went through her phone and then in future she'll probably make sure that she deletes her texts with other people and I don't want her to do that. I am just paranoid. She is really pretty and I love her. And she goes to college. And college be crazy with guys. I don't know what to do. If I don't talk to her about it, then it'll always be on back of my head. I am kind of stressed out about it! What should I do?

• Should I talk to her about this? But how...
  • Am I being paranoid or crazy?

Most Helpful Girl

• Its normal to be jealous, both guys and girls feel it when their boyfriend/girlfriend interacts with someone else, however it's the level of trust that will make it either an issue or not. You have to learn to trust her 100%, do this by talking to her about what worries you, she equally has to earn your trust.

I was in a similar situation, I was going to university and meeting a lot of guys, while my boyfriend was not, it was difficult to interact with guys in a normal way without it coming across badly toward my boyfriend. It's a difficult situation because you're both young.

My best advise would be to talk to her and don't worry so much.

What Girls Said 2

• If she deletes the texts from the guy that does arouse my suspicion. Do you think she could be cheating? I don't know any reason why she would delete texts unless she's hiding something. Just calmly talk to her, ask her if she is hiding anything and or if she wants to get something off her chest. She will get upset you went through her phone though.

• I currently text 2 guys, one who I met online and one who is kinda friends with my boyfriend. I text the online guy about once a day and the guy who's friends with my boyfriend usually not unless I have a reason to e. g. "Are you gonna be in class?" But sometimes I have texted him just to chat in the past. I always delete my texts with both of them, because I wouldn't want my boyfriend to read them and think that I intend to leave or to flirt behind his back, because that's just not true. This being said, if you want to see all your girlfriend's texts, try this site, I think it costs a dollar:

What Guys Said 2

• You should talk to her. if she is not loyal to you then she is not the one for you. loyalty is base of relationship.

• Well deleting the rest could be a red flag... that means she is hiding something..! Confront her!!