The girl I like is 17 and I'm 23... is this too big a gap to work out?

I started hanging out with a girl who I've been seeing on and off for almost a year. I finally worked up the courage to talk to her, and we hit it off immediately. She's come over to my apartment a few times on the weekend to hang out and watch movies. We've fooled around a bit, but nothing too heavy.

Last week she admitted to me that she's only 17 and a senior in high school. She had been pretty evasive about where she went to school, and I was sure it was a community college. Anyhow, I was pretty surprised by her age. I'm 23, so it seems like a big gap, though I couldn't really tell that by dealing with her. She's very mature. There aren't any issues because 17 is the age of consent in our state, but I'm just wondering if we have any future with our age difference. I really like her (she's fine!) and she really likes me back, so I'd hate to cut off something that could be really good.

4

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that's fine. The age gap isn't too bad, and age doesn't really matter anyway but maturity does. Just make sure her parents are fine with it!

• Her parents do worry me, but she hasn't said anything about them yet. Then again, I haven't asked ;-)

• Well, girls in general usually want to date older guys. It's a maturity and physical attractiveness thing for most teenage girls, since the guys our age are usually still 'growing up.'

• LOL yeah, I thought I was pretty badass at 18, but when I look at pictures of me then I look like a skinny little kid compared to how I look now. I just look more like a man now. The emotional maturity thing is a given.

What Girls Said 3

• I think that's fine. I dated a 22 year old guy for a month (I'm 16). I was very mature and he always said he thought I was at least 21. As long as you are both mature, and physical contact is legal in your state, there's no problem bro go for it :)

• Were you weirded out at all by the age difference?

• LOL I know, that's the first thing I thought. But this girl looks like a woman, like there's no doubt that she's physically mature. And she acts very mature, like I wouldn't be surprised if she were as experienced as me.

• yeah it's pretty funny xD but yeah I think you're clear to go. Best of luck to you! Age doesn't matter anyway once you're in your 40s and stuff, so it's really no big deal

• She is legal for sex but for dating? hmmmm wait one more year dude lol.

• Nah, 17 is the age of consent in my state. The legal part doesn't worry me in the least, my concern is about the relationship.

• Yes that's to big she'll dump you when she goes to college or become way to clingy and you'll have to dump her.

• She's coming to my college next year.