How do I let this guy down gently?

So there's this guy named Daryl that I'm friends with. A little while ago he got a crush on a girl named jess, but jasmine had a crush on another guy, but she thought the other guy had a crush on me. So Daryl asked me for advice about asking this girl out and I advised him that it was a bad idea. He asked her out anyways, they went out for a few weeks, and then she quickly broke up with him. He was upset after that. So one day one of my friends was joking with him while I wasn't around and asked him if he wanted to date me. He thought she was being serious and said yes and asked my friend to set him up with me. So I told my friend to tell him to talk to me about it so we can stop using my friend as a messenger. I saw him today but both of us were busy and neither of us had time to talk so we just said hi and bye, but I realized that I have no idea what I'm going to say to him when we finally talk. I just don't like him that way. First of all I'm older than him, and our personalities are just so different. He's super sweet and innocent. He used to sit and put flowers in Jada's hair. It was adorable and everything, but I'm just not really into adorable.

What Guys Said 1

• " He asked her out anyways, they went out for a few weeks, and then she quickly broke up with him."

^obviously she should've told him from da start she has a crush wid another guy... so he'd not waste his time and try to move on instead... ;)

"So one day one of my friends was joking with him while I wasn't around and asked him if he wanted to date me. He thought she was being serious and said yes and asked my friend to set him up with me."

^sounds like chances r... u r a rebound mostly to him...

"First of all I'm older than him, and our personalities are just so different."

^how many years older then?

"and our personalities are just so different. "

^yet u r friends...

anyway... if u don't like him back... better be blunt dat u see him as a friend and only...

What Girls Said 0