At what age do you think us teenagers should be allowed to date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ashely 18 or 21. See you have to understand Its not just about going out to a movie with a boy and then going back home and that's it. Its when that boy try's to brain wash you into having sex and tells you things like your the chosen one for him and we are going to get married one day and we are going to grow old together, it gets to a girl and she breaks down. I have talked to so many women in my time and they have told me all of those kind of story's where they are now ashamed for what they did and getting tricked the way they did. All those guys using them for sex and then dropping them and moving on to the next girl. I counsel people part time helping many out in there life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just Now saw this, @Ashely_Princess, and to go on Actual dates in a Car Anyway...16 is fine down this love line.
    However, even a bit young, like 14-15, r if it is just hanging out with other people doing fun things in a group or just hanging together having ice cream or taking in a nice movie is okay as well.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 14

• If your mature enough to date and not get involved with a guy to a point of getting pregnant than i see no problem with a 14 year old dating, my cousin was age 14
    went on birth control when she started dating cause my late mother who was her
    guardian at the time didn't want risk her getting pregnant so she got her protected

• NEVER :p jk!
    i think around 16 is perfect, oh and your first love, is the purest!!!
    i think everyone should marry their HS sweetheart who they lost their virginity to lol!
    I think thats optimal for staying happy forever :)

sadly, i already screwed that up!

• Cool, thanks for answering

• I don't try and dictate how other people should live their lives, so I'll leave it up to mother nature and just say when you hit puberty. Since that's nature's way of telling you that your body is becoming ready for sexual activity (despite whatever arbitrary number certain cultures deems to be the 'appropriate age'). Also, that's obviously the point where you begin to feel actual attraction towards whatever sex you're interested in.

• I let my daughter date when she was 15, but they were "controlled dates" I knew who she was with, where they were going, and when they were due back."I also knew the boys and they knew I had a gun, so...

• Oh and thanks for answering

• Okay that's fair enough then lol. But this is the internet and it's difficult to indicate when you're joking or being sarcastic, unless it's REALLY obvious or you directly indicate that you're being sarcastic. My apologies, but it seemed as if you were being deadly serious.

• @Song4TheBroken
      The list comes from "10 Rules to Date My Daughter" Google it. Very funny. It ends with rule 10. by the way - this guy is my hero.

Rule Ten:

Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a helo coming in over a Wadi near Baghdad. When my Gulf War Syndrome starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car – there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

• hmmmm...

I don't know

call me sexist but I'd be stricter on my daughter than my son if i had both

• Oh ok, thanks for answering

• 14 with chaperone sixteen without

• probably when you guys give up that high school drama bs

• I say 14 is a good age to begin... sounds like a fair starting age.

• Cool, thanks for answering

• 12teen. maybe 11teen... just depends on how far they are going.

• When we get a car

• Lol oh thanks for answering

• 18, at most. But even that's not enough

• 20 as an adult.

As a teenager... i would have said 16+

20 because real life starts after college and around 20 early 20s actually... you understand yourself and the world a lot better.

• Yeah true, thanks for answering

• 13 years 364 days 8 hour 53 minutes 12 seconds 54 milliseconds 764 microseconds 965 nanoseconds

• 18 years old

• Cool, thanks for answering

• No problem

What Girls Said 9

• Coming from a teen myself (never dated though) I'd say 14+ is okay. It depends on the person though, some people are more mature at different ages. We r only young there plenty of time ahead to date seriously

• True and thanks for answering

• Between 17 - 18 in my opinion.

• Cool, thanks for answering

• Personally, I am waiting until i turn 16 or even older. But i think dating is kind of pointless when people are young because it usually doesn't work out and ends up in heart break. Besides, I see dating as a thing where your intention is eventually you would want to marry. Obvoiusly you date a person to see if they would be a good significant other, so 18 is probably the best age xD But what would i know ;D

• Thanks for answering :)

• Never, now go study.

• I was just asking :/

• Sorry if that's not fun lol

• It's ok

• Like, 15 the earliest.

• Oh ok, thanks for answering

• Once you can drive and hold a job to pay for the dates.

• 16 years old

• Cool, thanks for answering

• I think 14 or 15 16 would be a good age for teens to start dating

• 16 maybe. 15 if it's in a small group.