Is It Better to Have Loved and Lost Than Never to Have Loved at All... is it true?

Yes, the famous line. Do you think it's true? False? Explain why?

• It's true
  • Not true
True meaning: it is better to have loved and lost.
False meaning: it is better to have never loved at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I believe it's true. Knowing love can change you for the better. Yes, it can hurt if it's been lost, but at least you knew the positive feelings during the time it lasted.

• Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Guy

• It teaches the true value of being with someone who you can always talk with, spend time with, and rely on. It's a connection you can never replicate with anyone else. So its true.

I rather experience that amazing feeling then suffer losing opposed to never experiencing a high level happiness ever.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, it is. While I may not have loved the guy I have strong romantic feelings for, I still care very deeply for him and it's hard to let him go, but I will cherish the memories we had for as long as I can because they were some of the best memories of my young life so far.

• unfortunately, this is true. i was just talking about this with a friend yesterday.

What Guys Said 8

• I do believe that, most women don't seem to tho here on gag. I tested that out myself. Ask the question in a different way: is it better to have your heart broken, or not to have someone ever love you? I would take heart break, but most women argued otherwise.

• Most people agree with that statement, as do I. Although getting hurt sucks, not experiencing anything ever is much eorse, especially because we have a limited life time anyway.

• Because simply not knowing what it's like to love is a terrible fucking feeling.

• I don't think so, if you have never known it you wouldn't know what it was like. but if you had it and lost it that hurt would be with you forever

• The feeling of love, and the experience of love, is valuable in life!

• I do believe that, because of my own personal experiences on the matter.

• It depends how long you had for...

If you had a happy marriage for 60 years and then lost her, I'd say that's better than being a miserable loner your whole life.

On the other hand having just taste of happiness and then losing it all might be worse than never having it at all.

• Seems like bullshit.