Guys would you date a girl who made more then you? Girls would you date a guy who made less then you? If so how would that change who pays?

• I'm a girl who would date a guy who makes less then me.
  • I'm a girl who would not date a guy who made less then me.
  • I'm a guy who would date a girl who made more then me.
  • I'm a guy who would not date a girl who made more then me.
  • See results.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've dated guys that make less than me. I make enough to be the head of the household. As long as he isn't trying to sponge off me and organizes and pays for dates every once in a while this is fine. I suggest and pay for the more expensive dates but don't expect the same in return. I just expect him to put thought into our dates and spend what he can. If he has no ambition that is a different story.

Men that make more than me seem to have a feeling of entitlement, I'm sure not all but most. Kind of like what men say about pretty women, they person thinks all that matters is their money so they fail to put forth effort in plenty of other areas.

I guess for me the thing is with those guys is that I make good money so while maybe that's their main appeal to other women it isn't to me. I actually have ended up paying more on dates in an effort to show I'm not looking for a meal train and they are so unused to being paid for they eat it up.

Ideally I would want to date someone making around the same amount that isn't selfish with money. I watch my money and appreciate someone who does but if you care for someone you don't put money before that. There are things one can afford and can't afford. But someone who puts money before their loved one are a recipe for a bad marriage. If you need surgery, or are out of work they will build up resentment.

My ex complained to be how one of his friends moved his wife to Montana, that she wasn't working and spent money all day. He said his friend was easily losing $100k a year of income with most of that being the loss of her salary. There isn't work in Montana and it wasn't her choice to go. He also made the general assumption that women spend their husband's money more loosely than their own. No, no, no good. I work hard and am careful with my money and would be with a joint account... So long to him.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how big the difference is. 10% to15% would make no difference. If she made 2 or 3 times more or less, I'd probably never have asked her out.

What Girls Said 4

• I would date a guy who made less than me but there is a caveat: he has to make enough money to support himself. I don't want to be in a relationship with a child who needs to have their every need taken care of. No one wants that (though I suppose some sugar daddies like it but gross).

• I wouldn't mind if my boyfriend made less than me. In reality he makes more but he works in his family's business while I work retail. I'm just thankful we both have jobs! he doesn't seem to mind I make less but I guess he might prefer it that way because he's old fashioned.

• I have no issues with dating a guy who makes less than me as long as he is capable of supporting himself.

• I take care of myself financially just he should be able to take care of himself. As for dates, I think it'd be fair to alternate. Or if it's a kind of expensive date, then split the cost.

What Guys Said 3

• If she doesn't make an issue about it and doesn't brag (because I wouldn't brag if I was in her place) then yes, I would.

• It wouldn't matter, as long as both can support themselves. Who makes more isn't a problem.

• No issue at all actually