My boyfriend gets really mad at me when he loses games?

I understand that when his sports team loses its frustrating for him and I go to his games all the time to support him. I usually tell him he played great before I leave. He'll text me nasty things or completely ignore my compliments. This will go on for days. I don't know what to do anymore because it's not my fault and I'm just offering support but he's rude. He'll say that it was my fault for being there because he gets nervous. But when I don't go he gets mad too. It's a lose lose.. Please help

Most Helpful Guy

• You tell him he's being an ass. That you are trying to support him and want to support him, but you are going to stay away from his games until he decides whether he wants you there or not. Then every time he loses and acts like a child just walk away, because you don't have to put up with poor losers Then, when he has a bad game don't compliment him because he is going to take it badly, he's not really interested in your opinion of how he played. That's between him and his team.

He should recognize then that you have some boundaries of what is ok and not ok in your relationship. This is a mildly abusive action he is taking and it really is not ok. Once he gets that you are not going to put up with it then you can start deciding what is appropriate to support him, like going to some of his games etc. I'd stay away form the compliments though until you guys get on some understanding of how you are going to work together when he loses a game.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well... tell him to make up his mind: either have you at the games or not, but that you won't stand one more rude attitude towards you, cause you have nothing to do with this. You're not a toilet, so if he needs to discharge his frustration he has to do it somewhere else, cause he'll end up losing you.

What Guys Said 5

• tell him to stop being a fuckboy. jesus. it's just a game. i played sports too. more specifically track and football in high school. i competed nationally in track. i won many times and lost many times. i didn't care that much what place i came in. in football, i played receiver and safety. there were times i missed a catch or missed a hit and/or messed up on coverage. yeah, sometimes it led to a score. i was upset, but it wasn't the end of the world. in college, i played rugby and frisbee, same thing. missed hits, missed catches and missed making a play. i got over it after a day at most. it's not worth being with someone if they act like a baby every time they don't get their way.

• Tell him to quit being a little bitch and man the fuck up. In those exact words.

• He is a bitch

• Tell him to stop being so goddam rude. What a dick!

• he got a lot of issues... that doesn't sound like a healthy relationship

What Girls Said 2

• He just feels bad whenhe loses , when he loses a game wait some time before u text him untill he calms down dont rush , u r a good girlfriend ^^

• you should leave him!