Would you get mad if you figured out your partners past was a lie several months later?

As title maybe he or she said they have slept with 2 people at the beginning only to find out they've slept with 20.. y'all get the picture something like that... thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lying is wrong but I can't say I blame them
    A lot of people will judge a person's current character based on their past even though the person they are is not the same. Like men hate when their past is brought up too

• How would you react? Is the past the past or would you b upset?

• I would be upset they lied of course

What Girls Said 3

• In terms of your SO lying about their past relationships it depends. If they lied about being a heterosexual and they were bisexual then that's grounds for breakup. If they lied and said they were a virgin when they weren't then that's grounds for a breakup. If they altered the number of sex partners from a double digit to a single digit then I don't think it's grounds for break up. It kind of brings up trust issues but at the same time something like that people tend to worry about. I would be mad but I think it's something you can work out.

• As long as they didn't lie about something important/major (like health issues, children they had with someone else or a crime they committed) then I don't really care. I don't dwell on the past.

• Don't forget their name and age. If someone lies about as something simple as that then they have no issue about lying about something bigger.

• @SilenRose I would consider those relatively important. I didn't include them because they're not exclusive to the past, and I assumed the asker was referring (mostly) to sexual history.

• Oh okay. Gotcha. :)

• That's a deal breaker... Not only the fact he lied but also slept with 20 other woman...

What Guys Said 1

• I would think of it "whoa, she's mysterious, like we're in a movie, and that's cool."

... and then I read the details of your question. I wouldn't know why they kept that from me but I would be like whatevs, we're all sinners.