Guys do you ever like a girl but stop trying?

I think often guys think I am very closed up because I find it hard to trust guys and have my walls up. This one guy seemed like he was really into me and i kept pushing him away and after two months he doesn't talk to me much anymore...
soo
advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I chased my current girlfriend for a couple months. I could barely get her to just say hi to me. After a while I assumed that she wasn't interested, but we worked in the same bldg and I saw her several times a week so I kept trying to talk to her. Finally I got into a conversation with her one day, it was mostly her talking and it seemed to me to be a polite way of saying "leave me the hell alone".. It went something like "i'm going to visit friends, I'm very busy... for the next several months, have a nice day"... me, being satisfied that I finally got her to talk to me and having been thoroughly rejected went on about my business and didn't bother her anymore... about a month later she called me and asked me to go to a movie with her. As it turned out, she had a huge crush on me, but she is very shy and was hugely embarrassed when I approached her. When she told her friends what she said to me, they told her the only way she was going to get my interest back was to either start flirting with me or ask me out herself. She chose to ask me out she said cause she couldn't see herself being able to flirt and have conversations without making a fool of herself. Either way, yeah you can convince a guy you are not interested even if you are. That generally won't change their interest in you unless you did something mean or rude in the process. But to pull them back in, you are going to have to step out a little more.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would imagine it happens a lot

What Guys Said 8

• You know... if I keep on saying stuff but the response is like 2 sentences or they don't ask back about what I think of certain things.
    I'm gonna take that as a sign that I'm not welcomed and I shall take my leave in grace.

Communication is a two-way street yah?

• Of course. It's hard to like a girl for over a year and never get anywhere with it besides being acquaintances.

• Yes, mostly because I get frustrated and feel that she just isn't interested in me if she doesn't reciprocate feelings.

• Well what did you expect after pushing him away like that? Why are you pushing guys away if you want the to be interested? That makes no sense.

Of course, we're going to stop pursing a girl if she's just pushing us away. Most of us aren't idiots.

• Yeah. I don't get deterred easily but if the progress is poor it's time to move on. You Can't be walled up forever. Someone out there is waiting for a chance to treat u right.

• I'dd be the same way. I can't run against that wall without someday hurting myself, I just stop

• You fucked up.

Sorry, but move on. He isn't coming back. Next time, show interest back.

• Sounds like you just fear losing guys in general

What Girls Said 0