Why can't I get a boyfriend?

I'm chubby, and I could loose a few pounds. Though it's not like I don't try. I exersize daily, and I eat right, though I can't seem to lose weight. I maintain the same weight, but can never lose anything. I'm smart (4.0 GPA), and people tell me I have a pretty face, and an amazing personality. All my other high school girlfriends are getting boyfriends left and right, while I'm stuck a loner. What is it guys go for? I mean the skinny girls with flawless bodies?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think your weight is an issue, just by the way you described things. At 14, a lot of guys aren't mature enough to go after someone who isn't really flirty and a porn star in training. You'll find the right guy, it will just take some time and you may have to go outside of school to do it. Remember to be choosy! Having not dated before, you probably feel desperate, but keep your standards high.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't take this the wrong way, but you are only 14. Teens are still trying to figure out what they want and how to do things. I wouldn't sweat it. You sound like an amazing person, keep it up!

At 14, I did have a boyfriend briefly. He was going too fast for me and I felt uncomfortable so I ended it. I was "pretty" (did beauty pageants and was on the homecoming court) but I didn't date until I was almost 18. I felt better about myself, knew kind of what I liked and had better opportunities.

What Guys Said 1

• The first thing I think may be the issue, that you may not openly show interest to guys via flirting with them.

The girls who ALWAYS have guys that are into them... flirt ALL the time. :)

What Girls Said 1

• I didn't have a boyfriend all throughout middle and high school, so I know what it's like to so badly crave a solid relationship like all your friends seem to have done. Just know that there are so many other girls in your same position. You are still so young and have so much time to find someone. Most high school relationships don't last anyway, although I know it's still a fun thing to experience.

Try to be more approachable. Have a sweet/friendly/open attitude, make sure to smile, etc. If you're already doing all that, then I don't know... Maybe try to spark a conversation with a guy who's quiet or shy?

Another thing you could do, if you haven't already, is get more involved. One of my biggest regrets is not sticking with doing cross country after freshman year. It's nice to be a apart of something, and have an opportunity to meet a bunch of people.

Nice job on your awesome GPA. :)