Guys won't take me seriously... why?

I'm not a super model, that's for sure, but I'm quite pretty and I have an outgoing personality. I'm also all in for serious conversation; I live alone, I work and I'm almost finished with my college studies.
I have plenty of guys around, showing interest and wanting to go out but, at the end of the day, they are just looking for sex.
Am I doing something wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. It's something the guys are doing wrong. If you are doing anything wrong, it's going with these guys. You need to venture out elsewhere and/or further to find the right man.

What Guys Said 4

• I understand u. I see u want a serious relationship and with someone who goes intellectual and not just physical. But how do u know ur friends just want sex. Maybe not all of them r like that. Some of them might wanna be with u for ur personality. U gotta try it for urself. Take em on a lunch date or to some fare or fun place.. Try to see at the end of the day what runs their mind. I think u will find what ur looking for.

• I personally don't take whores seriously, I pay them money and boot them out of my house, are you a whore?

• Wow, that's an interesting way to see things, considering that I never said a thing that could lead you to that. Is it the world "sex"what instantly relates you to the world "whore"?

• @AliceCoperfield - Focus less on yourself. Men will be more likely to be romantically interested if you listen to them and care about them.

• Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to go against that rule that says people should evaluate themselves based of what other pople think of them. I guess I should be more careful next time I seek for advise.

• Umm... guys are supposed to be looking for sex. They're guys. If all guys were gay, guys would have on average 300 sex partners per lifetime instead of 6. But they're not so they have to live within the constrains imposed by the desires of straight women, which frequently does not involve having sex with near strangers. As a result of this discrepancy between the desire of men for casual sex (most but not all) men and the near absence of this desire in (most but not all) women, women often find themselves getting more opportunities for and offers for casual sex than they want and men often find themselves getting less. That's always been the norm, except in ancient Greece where being gay (not being a gay person, but engaging in butt fucking for societal/cultural reasons) was considered the norm. So no, you didn't do anything wrong.

• It sounds like you're the one who doesn't want to be serious

What Girls Said 1

• No they are just scumbags who want an easy girl and they are mad because you won't give it to them