Where to go on a first date?

I mostly use dating websites, we talk abit and then exchange numbers or meet up for coffee or drinks and a not-shithole bar, I've always thought that this was the best option. Some of my friends say that its a lot better to take them out to a nice restaurant in the city instead, my logic there is that if the two of you dont click then you're only throwing away 15-20 bucks instead of 50-100 and im not setting the bar super high for myself, because i obviously can't afford to go to fancy restaurants all the time. What do you think?

Updates:
FOR THE RECORD we both work late, so whatever we do won't happen till probably 10-12 at night

0|0
2|2

Most Helpful Girl

• I think going for drinks is the perfect first date. It gives you a chance to get to know the person and to see if you click with them or not. I think a restaurant is just too much for a first date, especially if you don't know the person before the date.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Look for places fun in your area. And you don't have to go to fancy restaurants just go to places that allow you to talk.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh and what dating sites did you use?

• Okcupid and pof, i started using okcupid recently and like it better, and the the thing is like i said its gotta be after 10pm most likely so that limits us a lot

• A bar
      Denny's
      You can cook for her

What Girls Said 1

• Go out person, it is better than dating online.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• I think bar is fine for a first date. Its casual and doesn't put too much pressure on both of you. Restaurant maybe for a 2nd or 3rd date.

0|0
    0|0