Where to go on a first date?

I mostly use dating websites, we talk abit and then exchange numbers or meet up for coffee or drinks and a not-shithole bar, I've always thought that this was the best option. Some of my friends say that its a lot better to take them out to a nice restaurant in the city instead, my logic there is that if the two of you dont click then you're only throwing away 15-20 bucks instead of 50-100 and im not setting the bar super high for myself, because i obviously can't afford to go to fancy restaurants all the time. What do you think?

FOR THE RECORD we both work late, so whatever we do won't happen till probably 10-12 at night

Most Helpful Girl

• I think going for drinks is the perfect first date. It gives you a chance to get to know the person and to see if you click with them or not. I think a restaurant is just too much for a first date, especially if you don't know the person before the date.

Most Helpful Guy

• Look for places fun in your area. And you don't have to go to fancy restaurants just go to places that allow you to talk.

• Oh and what dating sites did you use?

• Okcupid and pof, i started using okcupid recently and like it better, and the the thing is like i said its gotta be after 10pm most likely so that limits us a lot

• A bar
      Denny's
      You can cook for her

What Girls Said 1

• Go out person, it is better than dating online.

What Guys Said 1

• I think bar is fine for a first date. Its casual and doesn't put too much pressure on both of you. Restaurant maybe for a 2nd or 3rd date.