Will the guy I'm hooking up with ever want to date me?

I like this guy who I was hooking up with. We were going to date but I called it off bc I felt like I was pressuring him into it. I'm trying not to hook up with him anymore bc I don't want to get hurt but he keeps asking me to and sometimes I initiate it. He knows I really like him and he was going to date me before. Do you think there's a chance that we'll date or should I let go?

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, let me see if I got this right. He originally agreed to date you, then YOU said no. Now you're on this forum expressing frustration that he doesn't want to date you?

media2.giphy.com/media/TNYy8aY7yateU/giphy.gif

• I'm not frustrated. He told me when we started hooking up that he didn't want a relationship. Then, later, when I told him I couldn't continue hooking up unless we were in a relationship he said he would date me but I just really wanted to know that he wanted to. I didn't want the relationship to seem like a prison sentence.

• What do you think I should say?
      He already knows that I really like him.

• I suppose you could start with something like, "I didn't mean to send you mixed messages. I'm interested in dating if you are."

Most Helpful Girl

• you should let it go.

What Guys Said 2

• In order to get his mind and your mind in the right spot, you have to quit hooking up. Its fine to hook up, but if you wanna get into a relationship, you have to set aside all these questions about is he really interested or are you forcing him into something he's not into.

• Why would you do friends with benefits with a guy, you knew you liked?

What Girls Said 3

• Ask him how he would feel about the two of you dating now and see his response. You'll know where you stand after that.

• I agree with # Shauna,95.

The only way to know is to communicate. Trying no to do this or that in order to wield control of future events is wasting your on time. He's in or he's out. Find out and decide your path accordingly.

• Don't hold your breath. Stop having sex with him. If he ask why you stop coming over and texting him tell him why and then don't contact him if he ask you for sex again. Just move on