Do I come off as being someone who is neglectful or someone who is attentive?

I'm working on reevaluating aspects of myself to grow as a human being. People who have been on the site for a while and who have seen me around could probably answer this. Do I seem like someone who is too reserved to the point of being distant or neglectful or do I seem like someone who would be more attentive? This could be in the realm of friendship or relationships.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I first joined GAG which was two years ago you were certainly more active than you are now.

I wouldn't say that you're neglectful though you aren't on here as frequent as you once were. I would just say that you have a life outside of GAG and in the real world and that there's more important things that have to come first. Either that or you're starting to become bored with the site like many others that have either left or aren't on as much.

But besides that whenever you are on you still contribute to the site, give great advice, and not afraid to let others know where you stand. You may not be on GAG as much as you once were but I certainly wouldn't say that you're neglectful.

Most Helpful Guy

• Youve been with this site for a long time and I've always thought you gave really nice advice. You seem to be caring. Although you offer great advice and are indeed attentive, I still think you come off a little detached and defensive. Not in a harmful way, but I just don't think you trust people. So... there's my 2 cent. For whatever that's worth lol.

• Yeah I've been accused of being detached in the past. Trusting doesn't come easily to me. Wow I'm impressed that you've been able to discern that about me. Thank you very much. Seriously.

• No problem man. Hope you're able to discern whatever is you're trying to.

• I think I will. Thanks again.

What Girls Said 9

• I think you're very attentive and thoughtful. You're a little reserved, but not in an insufferable way by any means!
    As you know, you're one of my favorites on here ☺

• Thanks!
      You're actually the first person I followed on this account so that makes you one of my first favorites lol

• I had never spoken with you until yesterday, on your question about international relationships.

And I have to say... better later than never.

I liked your perspective on relationships between people of different cultures. It is not everyone that thinks like you do, so I'm glad I got to know that side of you.

Yes, you might be a bit of a reserved person and I don't know for how long you have been here or not, but I also used to be like that, here on GAG.

In real life I am still a bit more reserved than on GAG. It is difficult to open up, especially when the people you see around you seem to have very different interests than yours.

Other than that, and resuming what I was saying about you, I look forward to get to know you more, if you allow me, us Gagers.

You seem like a cool guy

• Thank you very much. People have been more supportive than I've expected. It's a pleasure chatting with you too.

• I think your a very respectful person and have always said what you really thought but have done so in a very respectful way. I think your very caring and open minded individual which are good quilities in my book. I think when you care about someone weather a friend or something more you care a lot about them and probably always wanting to help perhaps to a fault. I don't think you give yourself enough credit and don't take enough time for yourself.

• You seem to go back and forth.. most people do.
    That said, you can't afford to be distant and neglectful in relationships. You have to remind yourself of that now and then

• When I was new on here, I used to think that you are very reserved. You give really good opinions, you're intelligent. But you seemed like someone who doesn't have interest in chatting with anyone on here. Came across as distant.

After I interacted with you on QA section, after I've gotten to know you, I realised how cool you are and very friendly. You are a really great person. But yes, I think those who don't know you probably think you are reserved.

• Hmm I'm worried I might be even worse offline than on here :/
      I guess I have a problem with only letting certain people get close to me. I think I'm seen as intimidating. I'm thinking I need to practice approaching strangers more and things like that.

Thank you for the compliments throughout your answer. You're very charming and sweet :)

• You can message me if you want :)

• Oh! Okay :)

• You are reserved but I do not think it is problem since it is your personality. I like your opinions so it does not bother me.

• I've only been here for almost a year but I'd say you were more attentive than neglectful. I've seen some of your answers and they're always well thought out. You seem to be more active as of late too.

• Yeah even though I have school I have more time than I used to lol
      Thank you for the compliment.

• Well you don't seem like your really open online. Though most people wouldn't be.

I wouldn't really tell you since I don't know you personally.

• From what I've seen you do seem a bit distant on here but I can tell that you have been been trying to change that. I personally find you a bit intimidating but I'm not sure if others would feel that way as well. You had messaging from those you don't follow turned off in the past so I kind of got the vibe you were kind of reserved and didn't want to be bothered.
    This is a little off topic but I'm just going put this out here. I really enjoy reading your opinions and I hope you aren't planning on leaving gag anytime soon. You're the first person on here that has really stood out to me. I come from a very conservative area and your views are a breath of fresh air to me. So, I just wanted to say thank you.

• I actually just realized not too long ago that I only allowed messages from people I follow.. I didn't even know that was a thing until recently :D
      Nah I'm not leaving soon. There's still more I want to learn about myself and others. Thank you for the kind words and you're welcome.

What Guys Said 3

• Online you come across as articulate and calm/non confrontational. You don't strike me as being really outgoing but I get the vibe you are attentive and a great listener if someone was to come to you for advice. Or in other words you don't seek out people or initiate conversation but if they come to you then you would help or open up.

In person, the fact that you're 6'5 and have a voice like zeus could make you seem less approachable.

• lmao thanks for the laugh and the confidence boost.
      I've been a little down on myself lately for certain reasons so I appreciate it.

• Couldn't say. I have seen your face but I can't recall anything, sorry. But one thing I can say now is that since you went through the effort to ask this question, you are in no way neglectful.

• Okay cool thanks. I'm always trying to become a better person lol

• You're my hero Red.