I think a guy I work with is hot, but I have a boyfriend?

I've been with my boyfriend for 5 years, so you can say things are getting pretty serious. Yet, I just recently met this guy at work (he just started within the past few weeks) and he is so hot/nice etc. I just get this vibe between him and I, I don't know how to explain it. But I don't want to waste the past 5 years, and I honestly love my boyfriend to death. But its just something new and exciting with this guy. What should I do?

• Don't do anything. let it be, drop it
  • Break up with your boyfriend.
  • See if there is anything between the new guy and you
  • other
It would be great if you guys would stop acting rude, it's just a question, there is no need for name calling and I never once cheated on my boyfriend. If I want to act on the crush then I will break up with him, I will not cheat on him. K thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• its just a crush , get over it. When people are together for a long time oit can get stale and they develop outside crushes. it's normal and not bad (only if you act on them)

Most Helpful Girl

• Five years is precious... I say put the solid gold ahead of the pretty distraction :)

What Guys Said 12

• You don't know the guy. He could be a puppy strangler for all you know. Is it worth to destroy a relationship just cause someone looks good?

• No, don't do it. You don't know how that "hot guy" really is. It's normal to develop crushes in a stable relationship. As long as there's nothing wrong with your present boyfriend, don't throw it away.

• Why are you asking strangers on this site as to what to do? Wtf? If you don't want to remain loyal to your boyfriend then breakup with him... And drop those 5 years for that hot guy...
    Seriously you girls are real hoes... now a days!

• thanks!

• Welcome hoe !

• name calling at it's finest (; you rock!!

• I would vote A... don't pursue a relationship... in your opinion he's hot... just appreciate and enjoy that... it doesn't have to go past that...

• be a sloot and screw your co worker
    then tell your beta boyfriend it was a mistake and that you love him, he will take you back, then keep screwing your co worker, until you get bored of him and your company hires a new fuck buddy for you

best of both worlds just cheat on your boyfriend until he either leaves you, or you get tired of his lame ways

either way you still end up catching dick from someone so its cool

• Nah, my goal isn't to "catch dick"

• no one appreciated the satire? lol! fml...
      then what is your intentions/feelings for this new guy? ask yourself why...

• Seriously it's pathetic if your going to throw away 5 years for new and exciting and he's hot lol

Like wtf, I thought guys were like this... oh girls too.. I see

• More girls are like that as compared to guys... now a days

• Yup I guess I'm "like that"

• Dumping your 5 year boyfriend for some piece of eye candy would be terrible. Stick with your boyfriend and learn to have self control.

• I recently had a similar experience with a girl, but am I going to anything about it? no definitely not, it would be stupid throw away everything, and will bring bad karma.

You can't just leave or cheat on your partner because you think you found someone better, if you do then there's no point of complaining if he or your future be does the same thing.

• Your sort of self centered behavior is actually quite normal.

• Go with the flow, see what happens, but don't step out of your comfort zone.

• You are a prostitute. Break up with your boyfriend, you do not deserve him.

• Please explain to me how I am a prostitute? You sound ignorant as hell.

• This guy is actually calling you a slut!

• Thanks, I just love the name calling!

• i gotta say, after 5 years, your relationship's probably not gonna go any further. just keep a clear head and do some major soul searching.

What Girls Said 5

• DON'T DO IT? That is the obvious choice?
    Let's be real though: Your current boyfriend isn't going to be the only guy that you meet that you're compatible with. I mean, we have how many billions of people on Earth? However, if you're willing to throw everything away every time you meet someone you get along with, you're never going to find happiness, or be able to be in a long stable relationship. :( Please be careful to not take those closest to you for granted, and good luck <3

• 5 years being with someone is along time. You still love your boyfriend a lot so I would say to let this crush go.

Besides, dating someone from work can be a total disaster if he's from the same team as you. If both of you don't work out, there will be conflict created which can cause your work performance to decrease. If he's your boss even worse, it can lead to an HR concern which can get you fired which will give you a bad reference. Thus you cannot use this current job experience on your resume.

• just drop it.

• It's called lust. What you feel between him is Horny. It's not love or a special attraction. It's your hormones.

• I was in the same situation. I broke up with my boyfriend of five years and the guy I was attracted to turned out to be someone completely opposite of who I thought he was. But I had a really good reason to leave my boyfriend, so...