Why do Gals want to change Guys?

Whenever guy meets gal & start dating, gal is likely to find something about the guy she wants to change (clothes, behaviour, friends, etc?). Met this gal online dating, been dating two months. She's already asked me to throw away my jeans, thinks they're old fashioned and dont fit right; says my suits, jackets, must be taken to the taylors for 'proper' fitment; wants to go to the shops with me to buy new jeans & new suits. By the way, she smokes, heavily! I dont smoke, and i dont like smoking but haven't asked her to stop smoking! she can't cook - i have to cook for her all the time or take her out to restaurants, which i always pay for. haven't asked her to learn to cook. So what's the deal with women anyway? Why can't they leave guys alone and not always try to change us?

Now she says I should stop using razor blades for shaving my beard. she thinks I should wax!

Most Helpful Girl

• sweet pea you have it wrong if a girl tries to chang you she don't want you she needs you

• Hi do you care to explain that, cause I think you might be on to something?

• when a girl wants a guy she won't change him , when a girl needs a guy she will change him

there is a difference between changing the way he dresses and trying to get him to wear some cloths she likes

when a girl is just trying to get him to wear something she likes , she won't get piss or aggressive when you refuses

in other words a girl who wants a guy will try to make him want to change not force him to change

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I've heard a saying that goes something like guys marry the woman they want, women marry for who they think their guy can be. I sometimes find truth in this, but everyone is different.

Note that I've never been married so I guess that means they don't think very highly of what I can be lol.

• Reminds me of “Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed.”

• You might be on to something pal. I know lots of guys, fed up with girlfriends trying to change them.

• Lol! That's really funny!

What Girls Said 5

• Just because one girl wants to change you doesn't mean all girls want to change all guys. Know the difference and stop the generalising. It makes people sound so dumb

• If you were a guy you wouldn't think this is dumb believe me. I'm not generalising. I know lots and lots of guys who are fed up with their girlfriends trying to change them.

• Bullshit! You know as well as I do that it's girls,/women more than guys always trying to change their boyfriends. Everybody knows this. Its very rare (it does happen, but very rare) for guys to be trying to change women, their clothes the way they shave, hair styles, all that shit.

• Bullshit! You know that you're just a bitter misogynic, don't you? Case closed. Bye.

• You went out with a control freak.

• Those girls are insecure maybe and also needy

• I don't want to change him, but if he doesn't show respect then I'm not going to date him.

• she's not the one for you man sorry

What Guys Said 3

• You should have her pay for the tailoring of your suits and new clothes if she wants you to wear them that badly.

• I wouldn't say women necessarily try to change guys. I would say they test the guys' boundaries, mainly to see how much of a backbone the guys have.

• that´s not changing "you"... that´s just minor style shit. you should feel lucky that she is only nitpicking a bit.

• She's trying to remodel me into what im not and I should feel lucky? I would feel really lucky if she quit smoking/filling her lungs with grimy nicotine and learn to cook.

• Thank you (except for the attitude)

• :D i´m just fooling around.