Can girls and guys be JUST FRIENDS?

I know it might be obvious that they can, but I only recently met this guy (a friend of a friend) that I was talking to and we were both flirting with a bit over summer (im 15 by the way) and when we came back from our holidays we met up and went to see a movie together. I don't really have feelings for him, and I just want to be friends, so I don't want him to get the wrong idea, but I do want to keep hanging out with him as friends because he's really funny and nice. Do you think it was a date or can we just be hanging out? Do you think I can keep hanging out with him alone and keep bing just friends? What do you think?

Thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course! My best friend in high school was a guy. He never made a move, he was like a big brother/best friend type. We always hung out together, and he even dated others while we all hung out. Since no move was made, and he didn't ask me to be his girlfriend, we were just friends.

What Guys Said 2

• In my opinion I don't think it's possible for a guy and a girl to be just friends without one of them wanting more in a relationship weather it's sexual or just dating.

• simples and fast yes of course...

What Girls Said 3

• You can definitely be just friends, I have many guy friends that I'm strictly just friends with. Life isn't always like the movies where a girl and a guy are just friends for years and then all of sudden they fall head over heels in love for eachother😂

• Girls and guys can definitely just be friends. I myself have many guy friends that I don't feel the least attracted to. For example there is a guy at my school who I see everyday, and every time I see him I give him a hug or he gives me one. There is nothing wrong with having guy friends... So I hope that answered your question... :)

• Yeah of course. I actually have more guy friends than girl friends. I just get along with guys better for some reason.