Where to meet 30 something single guys?

I am a single woman in my early thirties that would love to meet a nice, fun, single guy, also in his thirties (preferably a professional). Where?

I very rarely drink, and well let's be realistic, bars and clubs are mostly full of immature students with fake IDs to persons in their mid 20's (who still haven't quite matured yet).

Where do 30+ year old men go when they want to meet a woman? Or simply, where did you meet your current girlfriends/wives after the age of 30?

IN REAL LIFE? not online.

Most Helpful Guy

• Online is the best bet if you rarely drink but over 30's clubs can be impressive but again your surrounded by drinkers in a way, or a gym or health club etc, good luck, x

• What's a health club?

• Ok, I'll see if I can find one in my area. Thanks!

• Not sure if this would be your scene, but MMA fighting is a great place to meet both sexes as its drawing in massive crowds and it doesn't always mean your surrounded by drinkers and it has a massive following of guys your age. Most of which are professional people who attend bouts, x

What Guys Said 8

• We are quickly becoming a society that lives on it's phone/computer/the internet and people would rather watch stuff on netflix and whatnot than go out and socialize. Turning to online dating sites might be your best bet.

Sounds like you obviously don't like the idea of bars and clubs. I always thought they should create some sort of place where you can go that has a better stigma than a bar, but is more serious than dawdling around a coffee shop to meet people. I'd try to patent it, but I'm pretty sure we aren't that far away from like 90% of relationships starting through online means.

Since there is no real magical meeting place where you might go alone purely to socialize and meet people other than a bar and you apparently don't like the idea of online dating, you have to look at the next best options. Work, mutual friends setting you up, church, coffee shops, joining a team/group/class/social club of some sort. Maybe dress up a bit more than normal and get a little more outgoing when at the grocery store, etc.

It's tough. Good luck.

• probably the internet. dating sites, and such. Especially if you are in a college town, which it sounds like you might be. Guys your age are going to have the same trouble finding girls their own age, so they're more likely to resort to the only option that allows them to filter out the women who are not an appropriate age.

There is also the option of 'local secrets.' college kids tend not to know about 'that bar on the outskirts of town' or whatever. Or, any such place that isn't specifically suited for college students is a more likely place.

Though, if you are in a college town, you might have some issues. All the 'sexy teenage booty' flooding the streets might have the men your age in something of a trance, so they aren't even looking for girls their own age... It's a conundrum. Perhaps waiting until winter/summer breaks?

• I doubt many normal guys resort to online dating. There must be somewhere in the real world where 30 somethings meet.

• I can't really speak for all guys my age, but I spend what little free time I have playing online video games. But, if I were to go out to find women, I wouldn't have a clue where to look. I think I'd probably just go shopping or something and rely on chance. But, I live in a college town as well, so the chances of finding someone my own age are pretty small..

I suppose workplace romance? But even then, I'm an engineer. All my co-workers are men..

• Your coworkers may have female friends, sisters, etc they'd introduce you to.

• I'm as lost as you on that one. I try the gym, but they think I'm weird because I draw cartoons and know the history of mid-2000s machinima programs, and therefore won't give me the time of day. I personally find them boring. They claim a certain hobby, then demonstrate no passion for that hobby. So for all I know, it could be a lie.

• Draw cartoons? like what, and what machinima programs might I ask?

• @hellionthesage : It's BulldozerIvan. I do a lot of action/hero type stuff. Though since I started working on season 5 of "Sodality," which sees half the team betrayed and captured by the government and the other half fighting the real bad guys while in exile in Italy, I've been doing a lot of jail-themed art.

I've also been using that to help out Prodigal-Gamer with Camelorum Adventures, a series about clumsy / absurdly unlucky youths who wind up in a prison - and have to learn why the fabric of reality itself is unraveling all around them and how to stop it.

I've had to reinstall Sims 3 from scratch to get the performance I need for some of this stuff. Sims 4 is... well, not nearly as useful as I hoped it would be. As for RvB: Yes, I mean the first 5 seasons. Haven't watched it past those.

• Cool! I'll check it out. Red vs. blue gets really good after season 5, though it does have parts that are not strictly machinima (best action scenes I have ever seen though) You should check them out.

• Co-ed sports or clubs is a great way. The gym can be a good way too.

• I'm going to join one. Have you personally met anyone this way?

• That's awesome. I think I'd feel awkward with my whole family around.

• We were all in our early 20's, late teens. Parents were several rows away. It was ok.

• Video game tournaments lol

• Lol. I do like cute nerdy boys though ;)

• probably 10 years later in my town if i happen to be alive and single

• Most 30 something's I know met in an after-work type bar or online. All professionals.

• Besides the late teens-mid 20 guys who go clubbing and drinking every weekend most other guys aren't that social and don't go to social settings. Even the ones that aren't socially awkward. They just spend their time with work or doing hobbies with their already established friends.

• Hmm.. The hobby thing is probably the way to go. Sadly, most of my friends are boring and just stay in or drink at bars with the exact same people all the time, making it hard to ever meet anyone new.

What Girls Said 1

• Online dating is the best option

• What is with the online dating! People still meet in the real world.

• I don't think they do. Make people rely on online dating.

• Most not make. Sorry