My boyfriend's friend says I'm a keeper. what's that mean?

my boyfriend texted me saying this : "David says your a keeper. haha :P" what's that mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's exactly what it sounds like your a keeper, your worth dating, being with, keeping around for a while longer lol or whatever context he's using it in.

• why did he put hehe

• I don't know lol, I think your reading to much into it to be honest.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• keep'er
    An expression of your lack of desire towards a woman
    Fat friend: "So, was she a keeper?"

Smart friend: "Ya she sure was... like keep'er over there."

• It means his friends thought favorably about you on something that he told them about you. In other words, his homies are hyping you up.

• then why he put hehe in text? it's a joke?

• David is engaged and only met him once

• Then your man wanted to reflect the context in which David said the comment by laughing via text. The guys were probably joking about something that they like their ladies to do, your man said that you do that something and the guys laughed and gave fist bumps and whatnot. It's not unusual, and he wasn't lying to you.

• I think he's proud that other people think you're someone worth keeping around.

• Did you give him a BJ lately? That's usually my queue to send out the "you're a keeper" text.

OR maybe you're just a nice girl who he feels like keeping. Romance will get ya sometimes

• That its good to keep you. It most likely is a compliment, as he is saying "That girl is great for you. You should keep her" Key word, keep. Its easier to say keeper tho.

• why did he put hehe in text?

• so he doesn't want to marry me? it was a cruel hehe

• If you have read some book series, you would know to make things less awkward, the characters would do something even more awkward, like laughing at the idea or to pass time. I personally think if its a good relationship, then he wants to keep you.

• Means you're the sort you take home, introduce to the family, like that.

• Means your a creeper not keeper

• he means you could make a good shepherd

• lol, my name's Dave, too

What Girls Said 7

• It means his friend approves of you and thinks you are a good catch and that his friend should hold on to you. It is actually a fishing term as in the fish you keep or the ones you throw back. You are a keeper:)

• but why did he say haha : P at the end of the text? was he joking? and my boyfriend said maybe one day we will get engaged.. he said this before we became official

• When you go fishing, there is a legal size you can keep, anything smaller has to be thrown back. Hence, a keeper is something good enough to keep.

• I wouldn't dwell on the haha part.

• His friend approves. That's good 😊

• It's kind of rhetorical don't you think

• Your someone to keep in place

• it means that you're a good girlfriend to have