We just had a question about how judgmental people are in general. I was surprised. Most people seemed to vote between 7-10/10 and while we see many judgmental people in the world, it was surprising to see that because often times people on forums don't admit to it, or the people posting on forums are often not those type of people.
I also noticed users breaking it down in terms of the type of interpersonal relationship. Dating is where it seems to be the highest, and as a result, I'd like to take a poll focusing only on how judgmental you think you are with respect to dating.
Rate yourself out of FIVE.
Definition of "judgmental": having or displaying an excessively critical point of view.
I have to say, as much as I hate judgments, and in spite of the fact that I am very open-minded in general especially when it comes to sexual past (I have a zero-judgment policy in that regard), I'd still probably give myself a "2", which I think is reasonable. You have to have some standards. But I think quite a few people definitely go way too far with ideals and expectations and the prevalence of that in this society is what I am attempting to "measure" with this poll.
- 0: Not judgmental at all/almost completely open-minded.9% (3)11% (3)10% (6)Vote
- 1: Mildly judgmental. There are a few very basic things you're judgmental over, but otherwise you're very open-minded.32% (11)14% (4)24% (15)Vote
- 2: Somewhat judgmental. There are quite a few things that you're critical about, but they're still mostly pretty basic qualities. You occasionally make assumptions.24% (8)18% (5)21% (13)Vote
- 3: Moderately judgmental. You have a few basic and specific things you look for. You sometimes make assumptions.18% (6)21% (6)19% (12)Vote
- 4: Quite judgmental. There are a lot of things you expect. You are on the verge of having a laundry-list. Assumption-making is quite frequent.9% (3)21% (6)15% (9)Vote
- 5: Very Judgmental. You're looking for "perfect". You extrapolate the slightest flaw into a huge red-flag. You have a laundry list of qualities, some very narrow, that you look for. Assumption-making is widespread.6% (2)11% (3)8% (5)Vote
- See results.2% (1)4% (1)3% (2)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
Very. If I'm going to open up to someone and give them my heart, I'm going to be very judgmental and I'm going to make sure they're worthy of giving of my feelings to1
Most Helpful Guy
I'm quite judgmental, because life is too short to waste on people you aren't a good match with.1