Why do girls stop texting back when u write something sarcastic? Like can u not take a joke?

Why is that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you're not funny.

I know that sounds really mean, but I'm just being honest. Humor is very important, if a guy isn't funny I tend to grow disinterested.

• Ya but it's through text.. it's really not that serious lol

• Well to be very very frank, I probably wouldn't reply. Your statement wasn't really funny and it seems badly timed. Good humor is all about timing.
      It's possible that she doesn't have a sense of humor, but it's also possible that you're lacking the ability of proper delivery in a convo.
      That's just my perspective

• Hmm I see.. I'll keep that in mind next time I speak to her.. thanks

What Girls Said 4

• Sarcasm doesn't translate in text, it can come off cold and mean. I have sent those kind of texts too thinking they are funny and then they aren't taken that way.

• I wrote to this girl "I know.. I can read" and she never replied lmao

• @love2run13 ya our convos go well but as soon as I say something I find funny she stops writing to me.. it's weird

• you should stop trying to be funny then and she'll keep texting you

• Some girls are too sensitive. I never understood why, but that's just how they are.

• Some can not take jokes..

• I know when my boyfriend "try's" to be funny I just put lol so I don't hurt his feelings. But I used to ignore guys who though that they were funny but they where just plain rude...

• Our convos go well but as soon as I say something slightly sarcastic or maybe rude she completely just ignores me.. do u know why?

• I just wanna get a girls perspective

• She probably just took it the wrong way

What Guys Said 0