Would you date a psych major?

Why or why not?

• Yes
  • Doesn't matter
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean... it's a soft science. It's not REAL science.

But sure, I'd date one. I almost minored in it. I have friends who majored in it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well normally I wouldn't because there aren't a lot of career opportunities, and it requires a masters degree which means I will have to pay off all her debt for her to be unemployed. Fortunately I just got hired at JP Morgan as a financial analyst so money is no longer as much of an issue. If she is more then 50k in debt though forget about it, I'm not paying off her crap.

What Girls Said 4

• Yep I would. I'm majoring in Psychology right now so it's not a big deal. I actually don't see how that would be a bad thing.

• Why wouldn't someone date a psychology major? I plan to major in clinical psychology was unaware that was a possible deal breaker.

• My girlfriend is a psych major, although I don't mind, she psychoanalyze everything I do.

• Psychology is a science. Not a way to read minds so if she's analyzing what you do she's probably just trying to connect concepts to real life

• Would be very interesting. The mind is a crazy thing.

• Perhaps if he had a long term plan for his life that made sense.. but if his plan for the future includes "get a bachelor's degree in psychology and then try to get a good job" sorry, but I'mma say no... I know too many psych degree holders who are working as baristas or in retail stores, etc., barely making ends meet and I don't want to build a life with someone who is going to be a financial drain on me.

• But, I think, I love her. 😢

• If you're willing to take on the burden of supporting her financially then by all means, do so..

The question was if I would do it. I would not.

What Guys Said 2

• Totally, especially as a person who thinks a lot and is pretty philosophical about things, i think it'd be interesting.

• I don't see why not?