Dating Age-gap: What's acceptable/reasonable?

For instance, should a 41 year old guy be dating a 22 year old girlfriend? Are there accepted rules of conduct/engagement here? Or is it all a matter of choice for the two people, and no one else's business?

• This age-gap is okay/reasonable/perfectly acceptable
  • This age-gap is way too big and unacceptable

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion, after you turn 18 or maybe even 21 age is just a number, if you love the person, dont worry about what others think!

Most Helpful Guy

• Something is wrong with you if you are dating someone that is old enough to be a daughter. You can try to rationalize it all that you want but there's something off with you if are able to have an intimate relationship with someone so young. You are just going to accept the answers that you like and disregard that ones that you don't I'm just stating the truth from an outside perspective. You are asking this question for a reason and I'm calcifying to you that yes it is wrong.

What Girls Said 3

• As long as both people are adults, I don't care the difference.

My boyfriend is 6 years younger than I am and the guy I dated before him was 7 years older, doesn't mean anything to me either way as long as they make you happy.

• As long as it's two consenting adults, no one should care.

• I'm not going to tell grown adults who they can and can't date, but I do find such large age gaps off-putting and generally just don't think they're a good idea. And personally, I wouldn't date someone more than 10 years older than me.

What Guys Said 4

• age is just a number. so long as the minimum number is 18 for either of you

• Way too big

• Depends on how you two feel about it and how mature she is, some people may frown upon it and some will give a thumbs up

• your limit should be 27.5 (1/2 your age +7).

• lol people just make up random rules now.

• @GirlsLie it's been documented as far back as 1900. so yeah, i totally made that shit up lol.