Girls, does age matter? Would you date someone 10 years your senior (10 years older)?

There's this girl I noticed online that lives near me. I was thinking of sending her a message and getting to know her. Would I be too old for her?

15

Most Helpful Girl

• I can even go 15 years my senior , 10 years is nothing.

What Girls Said 14

• Age does matter to me. I could not date someone 10 years older, I don't think.
    At 24 in sorting out my life and having fun. At 34, I'd want kids and a pretty house with matching furniture. I don't see the need to be with someone who is so ahead of me.

Now, when I'm 30 it wouldn't be unreasonable for me to be with someone who was 40 or 45.

I guess its more about our mindsets than actual age for me :p but age is an important factor.

• My boyfriend is 7 years older than me and I couldn't care less if he was 10 or more years older, as long as he still was the way he is. The only reason I think a relationship with an older person may not work is if there are maturity issues, I guess. Other than that, why should it matter? I say you go for it. She got your attention and you'll be sorry if you don't try at least. The worst that can happen is she doesn't share the same interest in you... in that case you move on.

• I'd rather not cause it makes you wonder why would a 28 year old man be interested in an 18 year old girl... but I would date him if he was like super special, never say never! It's legal so it's not that bad.

• I personally would rather not. 10 years means he'd be 27, uhh why would he be interested in a 17 year old girl in the first place? That just makes me wonder why.

• I guess this is intended for those of adult ages.

• Lol ok fine. Apologies.

• 10 years would go into 30s.. which i would not be very comfortable with. i am totally fine as long as he is in his 20s.. 29 at max.. but i can date someone in 30s if he is purely awesome.. then i wouldn't like to not give a chance just because of age

• Well, my boyfriend is 12 years older than me and I love him. Age really doesn't matter, but personality sure does. My boyfriend got me by making me laugh. A lot.

• I think it depends on the age, for example I am 19 and I wouldn't date a 29 year old guy, cuz there might be a big difference in terms of the relationship expectations. But, after a certain time I don't think it matters, when they both have a similar maturity level, I think is fine.

• My limit is between 5- 10 years older than me. Nothing less, nothing more.

• You're from 30 to 35, so I imagine this girl is at least 20, which means it's fine if you date her. Personally I would date someone 10 years older in a heartbeat.

• She's 21, and I'm 31.

• Personally, no, I wouldn't. But there are girls in existence that don't hesitate.

• It depends on each individual girl but I personally wouldn't.

• Not at all speaking from experience my by is 10 years older it just matter if she's interested and okay with it its up to her u should be find tho

• No. My other half is 14 years older than I am

• I can't imagine it.

• Why not?

• I don't know maybe because I've had this one boyfriend for forever, and he's my first, so I can't really see it from a wider horizon, I can't imagine myself into it, I don't think it's nonsense or anything, I know it can be real, depending on the relationship itself in the first place of course, but you can never say it's average, and I personally know many girls who would date older guys just to get the feeling of their maturity, so it has no rule here, but maybe I'm just not the right person to answer such a question.