I changed my mind about a date, what should I do?

A guy I used to work with, randomly texted me last night and asked me on a date. I don't really know him, but I said yes. Although I'm not attracted to him, I agreed to go out with because why not, maybe it could work out. But after talking to him through text for a few hours, I realised we have nothing in common, our age difference might have something to do with it. I just don't feel comfortable going out with him, and I want to back out. We don't have a set day or anything but I really don't want to go anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its best to tell him as soon as possible so that you don't lead him on. I went on a date once despite having no common interests and I was going through hoops trying to come up with conversation topics. We talked about cars for Gods sake, thats how desperate I was. The next day I texted her "I know you're probably thinking the same thing, i don't think we should go out again". Her reply was "The only thing on my mind is my dad who's in hospital but yes I don't want to see you again". You might get a harsh reply like that but its best thing to do in the long run. Good luck.

What Guys Said 4

• Check your feeling make sure its not you. Could be low blood sugar, could be the mood you are in now. So many variables. Could be its awesome and you won't know unless you try or could suck don't know. If you think about him, with a clear mind and no other feeling int he way how do you feel, picture him in your mind, how do you feel. Can you write down more reasons to go rather than not?

• Say you changed your mind cause it's not a good idea for coworkers to date.

• "Although I'm not attracted to him, I agreed to go out"
    Hopefully you've learned your lesson. Don't do that again. If you're not interested in a guy, turn him down when he asks you out. We're big boys; we can handle it, and it's really not a big deal at all.

"We don't have a set day or anything"
    Don't worry about it then. If he asks you out for a specific day and time, tell him you've had time to think about it, and you're just not interested anymore. Otherwise there's nothing to back out of.

• Radically slow down response speed/communication, see if it fades out, if not, when he asks something concrete, turn him down.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell him that you only see him as a friend or tell him you are going to bring another friend with you.