Would you go out with someone who makes less money than you?

If you had gotten a big degree and make very good money , would you expect your partner with the same values? Or money doesn't matter she doesn't have a degree but has a stable job and is responsible... im asking because some guy asked me out cause we have been talking as friends for a very long time , but he has a degree and makes lots of money and has his own house and brand new cars and I'm here wit two kids and no degree. So I feel like he could do better , I feel like he's to good for me , but he does like me cause he takes me and my kids out and o tell him not to pay but he still does or sometimes he randomly comes and spends time with me... I feel so low 😄

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as we both have a job and are bringing income into the household, it doesn't matter to me how much I or her make. We should both make sure we budget our money, so that we have at least enough to pay our bills. Just because you don't have a degree, doesn't make you any less of a woman. My mom ended up becoming a homemaker after some years in the workforce, while my dad held a full time job for a family of 5 kids. And they are still going strong. And my dad didn't really make a lot of money. If my wife were to stay at home to keep up the house, I'd be okay with that. Either way, I plan to have a job - whether she wants one too or not. If she wants a job too, great! I don't feel me or her (my wife) need to make a lot of money - just enough money to pay our bills with a little extra to spend and enjoy on.

Most Helpful Girl

• I make more than my boyfriend right now. And I will make more than him for a few more years yet. I earn in a day what he makes in two weeks right now. And this next few years I will make MUCH more than him.

But one day he will make more than me. By like a lot. This is due to our chosen careers. Mine, criminal justice, is looking at making between 30 and 50 thousand a year. His, a lawyer, is looking at making... more. His father, a lawyer, has offered him a position as partner at his firm when he graduates from law school, and he'll be making in the 6 figures easy.

Money doesn't play a role in our relationship. Aside from the fact that despite making more than him right now, anything other than Taco Bell is still an expensive date lol

As long as we can both manage our money... that's the part that matters.

What Guys Said 8

• yeah, sure, why not.

• Not really

But to see someone making good money is nice.. life is easier and more fun together... it's also not about the dollars she makes but more about he salary indicating her contribution and success in the world

It's attractive I must say

• Ya but they spend a lot of time at there job

• No I don't I just think sometimes I'm not to good enough for him cause he's an engineer and makes a lot of money and I work at a retail store.. like what what does he see in me? He could do much better you know?

• Sometimes its contrast that's important

He deals with complicated situations daily, it's nice to come home to a girl that is just a girl he likes... he likes you for you, not what you do

Retail store girls are fine

• I wouldn't care unless I see some weird shit.

• dont you ever feel like your worthless. the reason (and hopefully im right) he is with you, is that he loves you

• I do feel worthless , like sometimes I feel like he could do much better I'm not rich , I don't have a degree he's an engineer and I just work at a retail store and have two kids , but he is always wanting to hang out and take me to places.. sometimes I think "wtf does he see in me?"

• money means nothing, only what you feel for each other

• Men do, women don't. That's the long and short of it.

• No, I wouldn't care, especially if I was fully aware asking her out! Money is just a number, love is what matters.

• Not sure what defines a big degree but I only dated one lady who had more than me money wise but it never made a difference to me.

What Girls Said 3

• yes. I like spending my own money. prefer it, actually. (:

• Honestly, yes I would.

• it doesn't matter to me at all.