Girls, would you be upset if a guy hid his wealth/status from you?

So I have a friend who's cousin has recently become a surgeon and he's like 28 or 29. My friend says though that when he dates women he's really concerned about attracting gold diggers so he really down plays what he does for a living and purposefully dresses worse (as in instead of wearing suits around women he courts he goes with jeans and sometimes a dress shirt and slacks). When they ask what he does for a living he says he just works in the medical field deals with patients occasionally but does a lot of paperwork (all of it's true but he's apparently vague about it avoiding saying he's a doctor/surgeon).

He wouldn't really let a girl in on how wealthy he is or what his actual job is until they are months into the relationship and it'd be apparent the girl is with him because she likes who he is as a person. Would you be upset if a guy did this with you? What he's doing isn't really lying but it's pretty deceitful but I understand where he's coming from because he doesn't always want to have to worry about whether she likes him for him or for what he has in life.

7

Most Helpful Girl

• No I personally wouldn't because wealth isn't everything. you need to love the person for who they are, not the amount of money in their wallet or bank account. I don't focus on something like money, its just a plus to a healthier living style. but money is not a necessity for two people to be in love. I understand why a guy would do that.

What Girls Said 6

• No, but I WOULD be upset if he lied about how much money he was making and proceeded to ask for me to pay for things. THAT would be bullshit if he could be paying his half the whole time.

• Not at all. I could completely understand why he does this.

• I wouldn't be upset, I would understand completely

• No I wouldn't be upset. I'm not after an emotional connection with his wallet

• Better no to tell until he is sure the woman is not a gold digger.

• i would understand.