Does going on a break ever work?

Problems with my boyfriend, caused by me (I messed up), and we talked today and decided to go on a break (not break up) so he can "figure things out." I understand but I'm heartbroken and so scared this will be the end. Have you, or anyone you know, ever come back from a break?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was pretty much in the same situation a few months ago. I could be wrong of course, but chances are, he doesn't want to be in a relationship with you anymore. Whether he just decided on a break because he feels bad about crushing you (which was my situation) or because he wants to keep you around in case he changes his mind or because he wants to be able to do stuff with other girls, I can't tell you, but I've looked around a lot and I've never heard of a couple that took a break, got back together, and lived happily ever after.

What Guys Said 2

• My girl said we should take a step back earlier this week, so I can work on myself and so she can focus on surgery at school (vet college). Today she said she missed my cute self. She's 28 and always tells me the truth.

I have noticed on her social media that she's added new guys or they added her, not sure what the point is because I don't find them to be a threat or anything.

I'm not sure why she's all over the place.

I have limited texted her this week, sent only a few the whole week to her and now she's starting to miss me, so I'm doing something right ☺

• Depends on what you did. What did you do?

• Shortly after we met, I was nervous about making sure he was a nice, honest guy and I contacted his ex-girlfriend to find out. She's been contacting me ever since and when he found out I've been talking to her for a few months behind his back, he's pretty upset. I've apologized over and over again. He said we were ok but a few days went by and he's obviously been stewing about it because now he's not ok.

• Could you forgive the person if you loved them and the sex was incredible? (Lol)

• It isn't about the sex with me. It is about how I feel when I am talking to the person.

What Girls Said 2

• I have but we ended up breaking up for good two months later cause he accused me of cheating

• it rarely works.