Would you date someone who is not in your league?

i recently met such an attractive and intellegent guy that i really feel I get on with. I feel as if, if things continue to go the way they are I will begin to see him as more than just a friend. The problem with this is that he is way out of my league. He really is about 1000 times better on the attractiveness scale than me (he is a solid 10/10 and i could be considered a strong 2 if my make up is done right). He is also in college and is super intellegent (at a prestigous university) and i decided to go travelling instead of going to varsity just yet (i do plan to go and study but am still exploring and am not ready yet) which makes him smarter than me. My question is would someone who is that much better than me be able to consider to date me or should I not get my hopes up as he will not settle for someone such as myself? i just want to know if you got on very well with someone but they were not considered to be in your league would you cosider being with them?

Most Helpful Girl

• well to me there is no such thing as a league. it all depends on personality to make someone attractive in my eyes (even though being physically attractive is a plus) so you should never date due to looks, you should date someone you have a connection with.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd not date someone who is below a certain standard.

• Do you hang out with people who are below that certain standard though?

• I'm not a very social person so I'm perhaps not the best to answer that but no not very often. I avoid most people. I am more likely to let someone talk to me if they are attractive.

• well, small detail.. you need the person who is out of your league to invite/accept you first.

• He invites me to hang out with him and whenever we hang out its for a couple of hours. Is this considered to be accepting of me?

• We mostly hang out on campus where he attends varsity. We just walk around and chat and then normally go to his apartment where we literally just chat all day (sometimes watch movies and sometimes chill with his other friends). I would definitely not consider it to be "dates" but also I've only known him for about 1 and a half months, thats why i am asking if he would consider dating someone like me and not just "hang out".

• Do you know if he is dating or looking for a relationship? I saw go for it.. men are obvious creatures. If they are interested, they will keep you close.

• that's a shallow illusion

What Girls Said 3

• I don't believe in the concept of leagues. It's all a matter of perspective.

• Leagues don't matter.

• Maybe you shouldn't be so insecure