If your boyfriend/girlfriend totally forgot your birthday and didn't do anything special that day how would you react?

What if they were really kind to you normally but forgot your birthday? What they had a lot of things happenening in thair life?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be extremely unhappy.

Facebook is a very good reminder, but even so, your other half should know when your birthday is. I can understand forgetting occasionally if things are rough but really, they should know on the day.

My dad has 5 children. He knows all our birthday's and his ex wife's. Does he remember 2 weeks before? Rarely. Does he remember on the day? Yes.

I have no issue with that. It's forgetting entirely. I mean, my partners birthday is the day before mine so we have no excuse, but really even if things are busy the date should ring a bell.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, there's lots of dudes that wouldn't care.

I'm like the opposite of a high maintenance person, but I want her to care enough about my birthday to at least remember and acknowledge it. Anything short of that would be disappointing. She'd definitely be riding the couch for a night or two.

What Girls Said 24

• I can't say I wouldn't feel slightly hurt at first, but if I knew or if I found out he had a lot going on and he did/said something special (doesn't have to be extravagant at all) another day... It's all good, I wouldn't fuss. I see birthdays as acknowledging the blessing of another year of life and good health moreso than making that day the best ever for the person. I like birthdays to be low key and personal, and it doesn't have to be celebrated that same day.

• I'd be pretty upset, considering that we've been living together for over 3 years.

I'd expect him to have more forethought. If he has a poor memory, I'd expect him to set up reminders.

I always remember his and make his day special. We don't really celebrate anything else, unless it means something to us personally.

Of course I'd forgive him, but he'd need to be genuinely sorry.

• There would be words.

• I would understand, but I'll at least hope for a note or a card, nothing too fancy, as long as it is sincere (Signed off as Love, XXX) ;)

• That happened to me this year... sent him a text saying, "Did you forget something?" We talked about it so much that he forgot... If you don't make a big deal about it, they will love you even more.

• I don't really care much about birthdays, I never celebrated it before, and no one has ever remember it. So I don't feel surprise if another one couldn't remember it, no biggies man.

• Let them off but expect them to make up for it at some point when things aren't so hectic.

• I would be kinda sad, but I would understand at the end of the day

• Basically

d.gr-assets.com/.../10275485.gif

I mean.. I'd get over it, my dad has forgotten my birthday, so someone forgetting wouldn't be anything new. But still, I would remember theirs, so I'd like for them to remember mine.

• I would probably think they don't even know me well or that I'm dating the wrong person. There would definitely be a long conversation.

• Or maybe they're treating it as if they weren't in a serious relationship.

• I would be extremely sad and disappointed

• I'd be upset initially because I would always remember my boyfriend's birthday, but if he felt bad about it I would be okay. I just hope he'd do something to make up for it.

• I would be upset, honestly, I would have reminded them and they would really have to make it up to me. You are important and you need to let them know you are upset and that they forgot something special.

• 😅 This happened to me, we had just started dating at that point so I wasn't really expecting anything and wasn't really upset by it. I would be if it happened next year though.

• I'm pretty sure he did forget my last birthday.

• This happened to me this year actually. I was with him the day before - leading into my birthday. I thought the reason we were going out was because of my birthday. Boy was I wrong, he forgot and he didn't even attempt to make it up to me!

• not surprise and hurt

• I would dump them, plain and simple. Your birthday is the one day of the year which your SO HAS to remember. If he/she can't even do that, then you are obviously not as important to him/her as he/she is to you.

• I wouldn't really care I usually forget it's my birthday most the time

• I honestly would not care so mutch.

• I would tell him why I'm upset.. man maybe he doesn't know, that's not the most important thing about you. :)

• Honestly, I'd be disappointed and sad but I wouldn't say a thing but I'd definitely forgive him If he seemed sorry about it. I would love it If he decided to make up for it though.

• If it was accidental and they wanted to make it up to me it would be okay
    If they didn't care then we would break up

• Well I tend to talk a fair bit about my birthday coming up so it would imply to me that he didn't listen to me :/

I'm not spoilt, if he just told me happy birthday and talked to me about the last year, then I'd be happy

If I hadn't really talked about it and he forgot I might feel sad but I wouldn't blame him. To get angry in that situation sounds kinda like game playing in my opinion

What Guys Said 17

• I couldn't care less if they forget my birthday. Birthdays mean nothing at all to me. I forget my own birthday half the time. I don't even get why so many people make such a big deal out of it. To me birthdays are something little children celebrate, not something for adults. It tends to be regional though. In some places they make a much bigger deal out of it than others. Most people I know in real life never acknowledge birthdays.

• If my girlfriend did that to me I would prob dump her because if she's like that on my big time day she will be a screw up in other parts of life. I don't like lazy non motivated girls that are selfish.

• These things are all relative I might be bothered if they didn't even remember it after being together a while but I'm the type of person who doesn't really celebrate birthdays unless their important ones

• i would be a bit disappointed but wouldn't care much lol
    as long as she cares for me and loves me thats all i ask for

• Sometimes I'm so busy I forget It's my own birthday

• Its happened to me before. Family, friends, and girlfriends have all forgetten my birthday. To be honest, I dont care if they remember or not. I dont expect them to, and if anything, Im more surprised when they do remember.

• I don't require people to celebrate my birthday, if I want to have a party, I'll throw one and invite them.

When you get displeased with someone because they didn't do something nice for you, it show's that you feel somewhat entitled.

• i wouldn't care if they forgot. another day of being mine would be the best present they could give me, even if they forget because i remembered

• like normal

• It's okie 😊

• That's the end of that relationship. My girlfriend needs to realize how important I am.

• I'd be like "Hey, yesterday was my birthday".

• Its okay !

• I wouldn't care.

• I wouldn't care. Not till I was married then I then would care.

• id be pissed the only person id expect to remember

• I really wouldn't care.