Why don't I feel anything? I rarely ''feel''?

when someone rejects me i literally do not care and just say ok when i know some girls who are literally bitter and hurt and cry over it, i just feel like life is too short to get sad about little stuff like that... i just join a cookclub or a new hobby, i just enjoy life even when im alone, im 23. Why do i barely feel? ''pain? so to say...

Most Helpful Guy

• You are someone who decided to have a life for herself and for whom having a relationship is optional to your happiness. You have mastered life. Good job !
    Far too many women just rely on their boyfriend for entertainment and life fulfillment. So much so that they try to make their boyfriend drop their hobbies so they can have their boyfriend for themselves. That's bad and never ends well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, have you endured a lot of sad things in life? Also, you seem active, and said that you take on hobbies could be that you have no time to feel anything about the situation. You don't allow yourself to feel the pain, but I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

• its just that at a young age, I've went through a rough medical treatment (i had to wear a heavy back brace 24/7 for about 5 years ag 11-16,5) those years me tough, i could barely bend, buy clothes, sleep, my skin would itch, i couldnt feel my own body, i couldnt touch my own skin for years only during showers, that experience made me value life in a whole different way after i was done with the treatment, i was extremely mature and nothing really bothered me much, people who cried about other teasing them, i literally couldnt understand why they would let such minor problems hurt them... o felt like i have been through the worst i could have been through, which was isolation, i endured it but it made me emotionless.

• Okay, wow that's crazy. So now that you have explained your life a bit it could be really anything. Depression, and also just an altered mindset due to the isolation. I understand though. I feel that isolation definitely teaches people not be open. It is possiple that you may have built walls, and the walls that may exist keeps you from being able to feel. I am sorry you had to experience this type of thing.

What Guys Said 6

• Your perfect. You've transcended human frailty.

• You are either exceptionally well grounded and mature, or you are experiencing disassociation. Sometimes people who have been through emotional trauma disassociate themselves from their emotions in order to stop the pain.

• This is the type of girl i want and how evryone should be but some times if you cry for someone or feel pain that means you truly love him/her

• Sever depression maby

• You never truly liked them from the start then.

• Because you barely feel happy? It sounds good at first but it seems like you are trying to not let yourself get hurt, it means that it might have a drawback sometime and it hits you of nowhere. (I suck at vocabs)

What Girls Said 2

• maybe its a coping mechanism you have that lots don't. sounds like a good thing and not something negative.

• its good for you but bad.. Good for you because you won't be hurt but bad because it'll hurt the other person.