How do skinny/hot girls feel about fat glorification?

I'm interested as a guy who is considered tall and good looking and yet has to deal with "confidence glorification" in the media which suggests that an ugly short guy with a lot of confidence is a lot more attractive than a tall physically gorgeous guy. I have a theory which applies to both genders:

Currently, we're predisposed to see good looking people as probably cold, arrogant, and rejecting and fat/ugly people as probably fun, free, confident, and accepting. Now, to a degree, this is true. People who don't have looks to fall back on tend to have more incentive to be nice, but I also think this is bs, and actually pushes good looking people to be mean because everyone expects it anyway.

So yeah, does the idea of a hot guy going with a curvey girl over a hot skinny girl either because that's the physical trend or because he thinks the curvey girl has a better personality a frustrating idea to hot girls?

• It makes me mad.
    32% (7)7% (1)22% (8)Vote
  • I don't care.
    41% (9)13% (2)30% (11)Vote
  • It makes me happy that the media is portraying curvey girls in a positive light.
    23% (5)0% (0)14% (5)Vote
  • I'm a guy. I like a thick girl. Plus they have better personalities.
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • I'm a guy. Thick girls are gross.
    0% (0)40% (6)16% (6)Vote
  • I'm a guy. I don't care.
    4% (1)40% (6)18% (7)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
9|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't care so much. It only gets annoying when those who support larger women then say that thin women are then somehow less female or something.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• what i get mad at is when people say REAL MEN like _______. e. g. Real men like curves, only dogs go for bones, which is skinny shaming or calling larger women whales (fat shaming) or saying guys prefer_______ as if its a unanimous decision. Even in the media, people hating on people for being either thin, large or curvy. like for instance Megan trainers song all about that base, she's skinny shaming because thats not what she is, but if it was meant to be a body empowerment song, it would empower thin and curvy women alike. I dont care about what one guy likes over another, if someone thinks im stuck up or conceited because of my body type than thats their business, i dont care to be associated with such close minded people. if not all guys like or prefer my body type: so what? not everyone is going to, thats life and i dont need everyones approval of me. some guy can choose a curvier woman over me and thats perfectly fine, they have that right. if they do it because of their preconceived ideas about who i am as a person or what society's trends are, than thats their issue, im not gunna be mad.

0|0
    0|0

why do you use the words "hot" and "skinny" interchangeably? in your last paragraph you say "curvy girl over a hot skinny girl" why can't a curvy girl be hot? newsflash: you may find skinny girls attractive, but some people find curvy girl more attractive.

I don't know about you but, personally, i find this:
    images.sodahead.com/.../...09_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

way more attractive than this:
    bingbangnews.com/.../model.jpg

please note, i am not trying to body shame. i think all body types are beautiful, but i do find one type more attractive than another. that does not make that other body type less attractive to other people or mean that they are less of a person.

2|1
    0|0
  • Well curvy is hot if the girl isn't fat. Like a girl can have a toned body while being curvy.

But to answer your question, I work really hard to get my body how I want it too look and when unhealthy women are praised for being confident while skinny girls are referred to as "skinny bitched", it really belittles the work I put into my body. Now I also think people shouldn't be shamed about their bodies, I simply don't think that unhealthy bodies should be praised above healthy bodies that took time to attain.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not hot but I'm skinny. What I hate about it is when they shame skinny girls. They always say the thin girl should eat a sandwich, or real men like women with meat on their bones. Apparently a guy isn't real if he likes a thin girl. Skinny girls also aren't real apparently. I don't think anyone should be shaming bigger people. I don't see why they can't be happy with their Suze without insulting someone who isn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • skinny shaming is just like fat shaming. bodies should never be shunned. each person is different, physically emotionally.. if people are going to be cruel over the way someone is, the hell with them. uvu)

0|0
    0|0
  • What a fucking stupid question. Plus, why can't curvy be hot?

2|0
    1|0
  • i dont really care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really care. It's their body, they can be proud of it if they want to be. I don't have any right to tell them not to. I'm happy with how I am, that's all I care about really.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• It won't affect them for the most part.

0|0
    0|0