I'm interested as a guy who is considered tall and good looking and yet has to deal with "confidence glorification" in the media which suggests that an ugly short guy with a lot of confidence is a lot more attractive than a tall physically gorgeous guy. I have a theory which applies to both genders:
Currently, we're predisposed to see good looking people as probably cold, arrogant, and rejecting and fat/ugly people as probably fun, free, confident, and accepting. Now, to a degree, this is true. People who don't have looks to fall back on tend to have more incentive to be nice, but I also think this is bs, and actually pushes good looking people to be mean because everyone expects it anyway.
So yeah, does the idea of a hot guy going with a curvey girl over a hot skinny girl either because that's the physical trend or because he thinks the curvey girl has a better personality a frustrating idea to hot girls?
- It makes me mad.32% (7)7% (1)22% (8)Vote
- I don't care.41% (9)13% (2)30% (11)Vote
- It makes me happy that the media is portraying curvey girls in a positive light.23% (5)0% (0)14% (5)Vote
- I'm a guy. I like a thick girl. Plus they have better personalities.0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- I'm a guy. Thick girls are gross.0% (0)40% (6)16% (6)Vote
- I'm a guy. I don't care.4% (1)40% (6)18% (7)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
I don't care so much. It only gets annoying when those who support larger women then say that thin women are then somehow less female or something.1