Why do you like dating younger girls? Why do you like dating older guys?

When I refer to age gaps, I don't mean 3 years, I am referring to gaps that are like 8 years and more. Personally, I wouldn't date a guy more than 2 years older than me. My reason for this is becuase I want us to be RELATIVELY around the same stage in our lives. A guy who is 27 or 30 has already experienced more in life than I have, in my opinion. Some would say "Well older guys can teach you a lot and he can help you not to make certain mistakes because he's already been there done that". But in my eyes thats what I have my dad for, he can fill that role. I would prefer my SO and I to be on the same level. What I would like to know is, guys why do you prefer dating significantly younger girls? Girls, why do you prefer dating significantly older guys?

For those of you who will answer this question, I geneuinely want to know your prospective. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 26... and just dated an 18 year old.. the first time I ever dated someone that much younger than me.. Usually I only date girls 2-3 years younger or my age... but there was something special about this girl... it sucks we didn't workout (nothing age related) but ugh just thinking about it makes me sad

Most Helpful Girl

• the age gap between me and my boyfriend is 6 years. Im 21 and he's 27. I honestly don't really see that as a big age difference since were both in our 20s still. But yes i am into older guys. (within reason) the reason isn't because he can "take care of me", but because i find it attractive to see a guy getting his life together. Im not really into partying and "going wild". I like when a guys mature. and honestly i feel from experience that older guys tend to focus more on one girl and younger guys tend to focus everywhere if you know what i mean lol i'm not saying thats true for everyone. its just from my experience.

What Guys Said 3

• I've dated three cougars that have ranged from 9 - 15 years older and I've dated and married the same age and I'm currently dating eight years younger. Age just doesn't matter to me

• Easier to be the dominant one. They are so cute when they are younger. Ill protect her more and love her more if she is younger. I don't know, something.

• I like my women older than me.

What Girls Said 2

• I want a guy who has his shit together, is done with head games, and knows what he wants in a long term partner.

• I am 23 and my current SO is 32. I dont really have a preference for older guys i just have a preference for him...