Is it weird that I've never dated before?

I'm 17 and some people my age are getting fucked. I've never even had a relationship before but don't really mind because I'm in high school and want to focus on my studies until I graduate. Am I weird?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. I got my first boyfriend this year at 18... And I'm almost 19. We'll be at 6 months soon. We started late senior year. I just wanted to do well at school and wanted to wait until I met someone I thought it would last awhile with! Not weird at all! :)

What Guys Said 11

• Not you're not weird. Don't give in to all this nasty shit about how young people SHOULD get fucked.

• Nope, I'm 26 and never dated before.

• I don't think it's weird. I know many people who didn't date in HS

• You're deliberate, I think it's unusual, but it's a good unusual.

Many do whatever they want and face the consequences afterwards.

• nope, nothing wrong/weird with that

• That's not bad at all after all school is more important :) you have your whole life ahead of you to date.

• No I never had a girlfriend until I was 17 and I didn't loose my virginity until I was 18. Focus on your school because that will be more important when you really start considering a relationship. Although it may be good to become more personable.

• Doesn't South Korea have a huge problem where people aren't fucking/dating/getting married?

• It is not weird, it is actually quite normal.

• Lol. I had sex for the first time at 20 and went on my first date at 21. (I know odd order long story) but if you met me in person you'd never believe that. I know that for a fact because people always think I'm lying and I have to explain the whole long backstory. But the point is don't go around comparing yourself to others. 30 years from now not a single person will care who was doing who at 17. It only feels important to you now because you haven't lived long enough to really get a good perspective on it all.

• Some people at age 14 15 are getting fucked. So what? I didn't have sex in high school either.

What Girls Said 7

• I had my first date when I was 18 because I too wanted to focus on my studies and there's nothing wrong with that, I'm actually glad I did. Today I'm engaged to my other half.
    Don't think to much about what's weird and what isn't, just do you and what feels best for you and you'll get it right :)

• No way, think of this;

There’s someone out there right now who has no idea that they are going to find you someday. Maybe they’re thinking about all of this, too, and even though you’re apart now, you could both be looking up at the same moon, wondering, connected without knowing it.

Haha, good luck.

• That's not weird. I'm 18 and I'm in the same boat. No need to worry, just chill.

• Lol, it's not weird at all. My sister only started dating her sophomore year of college.

• Do what you feel is right and it's not weird at all. Don't feel like you have to do what everyone else is doing.

• Its very common to be a kissless virgin.

• Neither have I. But I'm 15. I want to focus on my school work.