Boyfriend said something offensive?

My boyfriend and I are talking about sex and what not and he said "I'd be a polygamist" and obviously I'm getting offended and I told him he better be kidding and he said "I don't even know where I'd look if I became one haha"

I don't know do I have a right to be angry at him?

Most Helpful Guy

• don't really see why this would be offensive. it may bother you or piss you off but it's not really a matter of offense. but it does at least give you insight into who this guy is. so maybe it's a blessing in disguise to find out even if it sucks to hear it

• My best friend is saying he's too immature for me. She's probably right.

• he is. he clearly doesn't understand how to communicate when he gets frustrated. It's like when a kid calls someone a poopyhead, it's because they haven't learned how to effectively communicate when they are angry. obviously you aren't a jacka** because your brother drank most of the milk and you tried to calm your boyfriend down.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have very right.

• You are the only one to say I have a reason to be angry. He's being disrespectful..

What Guys Said 8

• That sounds like a joke, but why would you be mad? It's not a big deal.

• You have every 'right' to be mad at him, and he has every 'right' to tell you to get the hell over yourself. Poor bastard, walking on eggshells all the time like that...

• This is our first disagreement. I just find it disrespectful.

• He's joking around. You are determined to make something out of nothing.

• Haha, he probably would if it wasn't frowned upon.

• I should add that he made the lame excuse of "Well I'm a guy lol"

I don't give a fuck if you are or not.

• Sadly I know he doesn't love me. We had that talk a few nights ago. He likes me a lot but isn't in love.

• Usually you tell someone you like them a lot if you are in love with them but not ready to say it. But his attitude suggests otherwise. I'm sorry.

• he was joking

• It was a joke, let it go.

• Offense can only be TAKEN not GIVEN, so if you were offended by him saying something which is not even slightly "offensive" you need to get over yourself.

He stated something honestly and you as a female chose to make him feel bad about it so he changed gears and laughed it off, then you wonder why guys act different around girls than with their friends and why they hide shit from you.

You have zero right to be angry, if anything he should get rid of your ass for trying to oppress him and change him into something that YOU feel he should be.

• guys say stupid things all the time, so do you, you just dont realize it cause guys realize that you dont necessarily mean it
    Who doesn't like the idea of having many women? but highly impractical and unlikely, he understands that. dont hold give him grief over it.

• Nah it just sounds like banter. Take it easy

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like a joke. My boyfriend and I have talked about that stuff. No big deal in my opinion.

• hun thats a joke