Question about men's communication, are some men bigger texters than others?

I've had quite a few failed relationships. Usually the guys were constantly messaging me immediately.

Now I am dating someone new. He treats me very nice and is a big gentleman. It's only been a few weeks. He messaged me almost every day, now pretty much every day. But he only sends a few texts a day, not back and forth flirting all day long. However he plans nice dates and is amazing. He has a lot more manners than the other guys. He told me he is a man of few words.

It seemed like the men who were blowing up my phone were fake. They just wanted to build quick intimacy.

Is it true that men who blow up your phone all the time right away are just playing? My new guy seems sincere.

Most Helpful Guy

• The only way you'll know a dude is sincere is by having face-time with him, hanging out with him, and seeing if you two connect. Not simply on a romantic or sexual level, but on an intimate level. If you two can hold a conversation about anything other than yourself, himself, your relationship, or your respective jobs and families, then you likely have someone worth keeping around.

Also, for guys, texting can be a chore due to the fact that a phone is almost exclusively used for work and/or college. We associate it with such after a given time. But we'll make the effort if the one we're texting is someone we care about. That said, sometimes you just have something you want to share a laugh about.

A good example of both the former and the latter: My ex and I used to laugh and joke about playing GTA V, and hell, we both used to play it together when we got off work. She also had this habit of texting me weird pictures from 4chan, and we used to joke about the off-color humor implied therein. That's the sort of thing that comes with intimacy, having those weird moments that aren't simply texting/saying "I wuv you so much" back and forth.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup, that's exactly what I found too! The guys that are constantly blowing up your phone in the beginning are just blowing hot air. Then once the excitement wears off, they disappear!

I think if you are getting good vibes from this guy, then it's probably a better situation.

But some guys do like texting more. I think you need to base your opinion on the guys actions versus words. If he is texting you that he misses you, yet won't come to see you ever, then that's a red flag. If the guy is messaging you, but won't set up a date, red flag...

Go with your gut! It's usually not wrong! :)

What Guys Said 18

• Is it true that men who blow up your phone all the time right away are just playing?

Life is is not that black or white. You can't make such assumptions. Just like some people like to talk a lot and some prefer not to talk that much. Same with texting. The amount you talk or text doesn't reflect how sincere your are about what you are texting or talking about.

• Some guys like texting more or less than others... that doesn't mean the guy is "fake"

• I don't think thats true regular communication or "blowing up" your phone is the initial hook regardless of good or bad intentions the person wants to hook you in and get your attention. As they realize that you truly like them and will give them the chance to be themselves that will either continue die down a little or stop depending on the guy. I know I'm often busy even at my age and don't have time to constantly text back and forth

• I'm misunderstood too much when I text cause I can't translate my sarcasm well because they can't hear my tone and see my facial expressions. My humor is kinda crude so it's taken to heart sometimes and apparently I'm hard to read. Also texting, like face-to-face communicating in person, drains me too, I'm not annoyed or anything but I end up spreading a conversation longer in time and texting back too slow for most people.
    So I guess some dudes are "bigger" texters than others

• Oh and I type slower than the "acceptable" speed :P cause I put some extra thought to my responses most of the type so I'm typing and deleting a lot

• As he said... he is a man of few words, so when he actually texts he says something worth while.

The other guy may say lots, but perhaps very little worth while. I text only to confirm certain things with my girlfriend. I like to talk on the phone to set things up, but am a firm believer that conversations are best in person.

• I have mixed feelings about texting. My fingers are thick, so I often think I'm pressing one letter when I'm actually pressing the one next to it. Despite having an active social life, I am an introvert, so too much texting (from my perspective) would wear me out.

• Texting has it's advantages and disadvantages for me.
    I have a terrible memory so texting allows me to refer back to previously said things so i don't have to awkwardly ask the same things again.
    The downside is that texting does not easily show tone inflection. Something totally innocent can come across badly or mean to the other person.

• There are both big texters and some guys don't like texting hard to say but you need to make sure the guys for real and yes some guys can be fake but not all

• Yes some guys are bigger than others. You'll have to decide what matters.

• Or you know... Maybe it doesn't mean a damn thing and you are imagining this?

• I can't speak for all guys, but for myself and others I know it's all about convenience. I'll text for short messages but prefer to talk on the phone if it's going to be a long conversation.

• Men are individual. Just as some talk more than others...

• Tbf I don't like texting. Like I'll text people and if I wanted I could text then all ft but 9/10 for me I usually only send like 2 or 3 texts to somebody

• you sound like you're lying, and no that's not the case

• yes some are and some aren;t

• Who knows.

• Not all guys are that way texting

• Texting is gay. I try to avoid doing it.

What Girls Said 12

• Actions speak louder then words. Be happy he has a life and doesn't have time to text you all day. Also, some mean don't need to hide behind text. They would prefer to show you how they feel by spending quality time with you.

• text conversations with guys are one of the most annoying things ever.

• I think I'm guilty of this
      Lol @DesiDoo this ^ is true right? I'm sorry

• There are phone people, there are Text people. I'm a Text Person and can never be close to a phone Person. My friend is a phone Person. He New hubby and her Bestie are also phone people too.

• Me, too. I talk on the phone non-stop at work and despise it. I don't even like to call for pizza when I am off. Thank goodness my guy isn't a big phone person, either.

• In my pinion, very few men are willing to type diligently in text. I think it's because their fingers are too big for the small digital keyboard.

• Some men just text more than others, it doesn't mean they have hidden intentions.

• the majority of the guys that blow up your phone just want something from you or are clingy. stay away from those boys, they usually end up a little obsessive.

• Could be true :)

• There's no general rule nor sign
    1. Everyone has a favorite comm method and will respond to IT, while others dangle, waiting for an answer, e. g. some are phone voice, others email, then the faxers, texters, twitter, UGH! They will overuse their favs and underuse the other comms
    2. Overuse of any comm = trying to sweep you off your feet before you can think about it = player, instead of a tennis volley of equal back-forth, enjoyable dialogue that builds into trust and oohlala

• every man is different. some are more into communicating than others. i do not think the amount of texts showcases how much a man is into you. actually a man that really wants to get to know you and thinks about you often will make sure he has constant communication with you!

• No. You can't translate behaviors like this. Everyone is different.

• Some people are more testers then others

• Is he your boyfriend or are you just dating him? Also, every guy is different. It doesn't always mean they are players or fake. Don't be so quick to assume the relationship will not fail but at the same time hope for the best