Guys, would you freak out if your best friend told you she had feelings for you?

My best friend and I have been friends ever since we were little, and I had a few little crushes on him throughout the years. However, it got worse when we were in high school. I really liked him, but I was always too afraid to say anything. Now that I'm older, and still carrying a torch for the guy, I know that I need to tell him. But I'm worried about how he'll react. I mean I don't really know how he feels because he's the type that is a little distanced from his feelings- he's guarded. We've been friends for a long time, and we've been through a lot together. He's never once left me, he's always there when I need him. So, I don't want to lose him because of some romantic notion that he may not share. What do y'all think? Would you freak out if your friend told you she had feelings for you?

• Yes, I would totally freak out
    10% (2)
  • No, I'd be cool about it
    90% (18)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

4

Most Helpful Guy

• On the instant when my friend tells me she has feelings - yes, I would freak out temporarily. It has happened to me twice. Both time I was speechless. I couldn't accept because I had emotional attachment but wasn't attracted physically. Both time both girls understood and we went back to normal. Eventually one drifted apart.

Also, part of the reason I reacted like that was, a 3rd friend. 3rd friend and I were close and I had crush on her. So I couldn't. If I didn't have crush on 3rd friend I would've at least given one of those 2 friends a chance.
    So, make sure that he doesn't have crush on anyone. Not just physical attraction but emotionally attraction.

Good luck :)

What Guys Said 3

• If a guy end up avoiding you after he founds out that you have hard feelings for him, it does not mean that he is freaking out. Rather, it meant that he does not want you to cockblock all the girls who he is potentially interested in. In other words, he do not want other girls to view him as taken by you.

• That's a difficult question to answer. I never had a childhood friend who was a girl, so I don't know how I'd react. I think most guys wish we had that girl childhood friend, because that is a bit of a fantasy for some guys. However, for all I know your friend has always seen you as nothing more than a sister from another mother. Still, you could at least let him know how you feel.

• I probably would and I would see her more as a friend especially after so many years have passed