Guy without a car a deal breaker?

I just got accepted into a pretty prestigious engineering program for an out of state school. I'm 22 and I'm selling my truck. Saving money because tuition is 9.6k a semester over there lol. Taking the bus to my community college classes during the week and walking to work. Would this be a huge turn off to a potential date?

• Stay on your grind.. become an engineer
  • Have a car dude.. you need it.
Most are saying just sell it and save for university.
One materialistic sloot voted get a car.

Most Helpful Girl

• If she's that materialistic, she's mit girlfriend or wife Material anyway.

Most Helpful Guy

• To be upfront I haven't found anyone or really dated since I stopped driving but then again I haven't tried too hard. I feel that when women find out I ride the bus they initially think I'm poor but it seems like it doesn't drive them away and ultimately my own hesitancy is more of a problem then the car. I'd have to say though your education is worth a lot more then any percieved loss in desirability during the short time your in college. I've made a commitment to never drive and I've found it's kind of a 50/50 trade off.

What Girls Said 5

• Im probably the queen of dealbreakers (totally kidding) but not having a car is not one of them. Certain circumstances is more than understanding.

• Not having a vehicle when you're in school is super normal and not a turn off at all for most women.

• get a nice bicycle! lots of ladies love biking to get around these days. :)

• So you're a "materialistic sloot" if you voted B. Okay. Says a lot about you.

• Most girls would rather have a guy that is wise with his money over a broke guy with a car.

What Guys Said 4

• Voted A. Education should be your top priority. I am an engineer, AND have a car since I was 23. Yet, I haven't had any 'potential dates' in the last 5 years! So you see, it's not just about having a car!

• This is hard to say because if you're in school for engineering getting a cheap-o clunker and keeping it running with a little know how shouldn't be that hard to do for you. It seems more like you just wanna prove a point reading this "materialistic sloot" ... really. Why not stay in school AND get a car, whats $500 in the long run with the money an engineer makes?

• Have a carand also at my age have a fat bank account and home. I have only the car and no woman will date me. LOL

• Sloots will come and go young grasshopper. Build up your future and save some cash. Women are cash drain on men anyways.

• Sloots.. lol must be a miscer.