If im 75 % black , brown eyes, brown skin (white/black mother and black father ) and my boyfriend is 100% white with red hair?

and blue eyes. and everyone in his family has blue eyes.

what are the chances of a red haired child with light eyes

0|0
2|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Hard to predict because genetics are a very hard thing to predict. One thing that I can say for sure is that the chances of getting a red haired child with light eyes are very slim. Red hair is a extremely rare recessive trait along with light colored eyes. In order for a child to receive those traits then both parents must possess the same recessive traits on themselves or one of your ancestors must have had the traits.

The only way your child could have red hair is if the recessive trait for red hair is within you (written into your genetics). If you nor any person in your family has a history of red hair then that trait won't be in your genes which means your child won't have red hair. It will take after the dominant color which is the darker color or it would find a middle point between the two color. The same goes for light colored eyes as well. If you don't possess the recessive trait for light colored eyes then your child won't visibly show them.

Also even if you did possess those recessive traits it would only increase the chances, but it wouldn't guarantee them.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• About 1% chance. Your black genes are the dominant one

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• pretty high actually it only takes one incestor from any side with light eyes to get you a child with red hair (as the father I guess) and light eyes. welcome to the magic of genetic world

0|0
    0|0
  • 75 percent? Hmm high melanin content is a dominant trait as well as dark eyes. And low melanin and light eyes are recessive traits both. So i would say unlikely but not impossible

0|0
    0|0
  • It will be pretty low, most likely

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Well, brown is dominant in terms of eyes and hair, so 25% chance.

0|0
    0|0