First date, who should pay?

is it a social protocol that the guy pays? or it depends on individuals?or people usually split bills? it gets awkward when paying the bills because I don't know if he'll pay mine or I should take out my money?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, if a guy likes you enough to ask you out, he is going to pay. I think guys should take care to ask girls out for dates they can afford and not feel they have to live up to something they can't.

Now, if you are on a date and you are just not feeling the guy, well I always carry cash with me and depending on the situation I might offer to go Dutch. I just don't like a guy paying for me if I really have no interest in seeing him again, but, again, it depends. Someone who takes me out for a drink, I think it is no big thing for them to pay for one drink. I also believe you should not go overboard. If your date is not ordering premium liquor, for instance, I don't think you should either.

A guy who would not pay for our first date to me is a guy who really isn't sure he likes me that much and/or he is cheap and since I want a guy who really likes me and I am generous to my friends and family, well I don't want to date a cheapskate either. Mystix answer is fine, he can still get a girl, but to me I would see him as a total player who didn't have any sincere interest and I wouldn't date him a 2nd time.

What Guys Said 3

• hell na what are you people thinking. I went on a date other day the girl and I asked if she could buy her ticket guess what she didn't have any money! She told me her boyfriend pays for everything even her car payment. I didn't care she had a boyfriend but that wtf!

Paying for stuff right away is just getting suckered... split it. or let her buy it most girls like jackasses anyways.

• The guy should always pay because if the girl pay her own way it doesn't feel like proper prostitution.

• Men should pay for the date if their the one's who requested a date, because trust me he's probably planning on it if that's the case. If you proposed the date I would say you split the check.

What Girls Said 2

• On the first date, the guy should always pay. On future dates, you can offer to pay or split the bill if you like

• He should, especially if he initiated the date! Orrr…. Go Dutch (split the bill.)