Girls, why do I see online that girls go for average guys?

I'm seeing a lot of articles and answers saying that good looking girls will go for average guys, but in truth i never see this in real life. Me and my friendship group are all pretty much average yet only a few of us have had girlfriends and non of them were 'beauties' as described online. So does this actually happen or is it just something said to make average guys fee letter about themselves? And is it because we're only 16 and this sort of stuff happens when you get older as men and women mature?

2

What Girls Said 2

• It really depends on how they look in each other's eyes. A guy thought of as average could be insanely handsome to a girl that he might think is too beautiful for him. But really, you can't answer this question because everyone has a different taste and that means every person could like any other person, regardless of what the outside world thinks of it.

• Yeah, about being mature or not. After growing up and being an old fart, lots of'em will know being beautiful/handsome is not the point